Mama Mina Time!

Kirishima's POV

It was Friday. Saturday was the Valentines dance, and unfortunately, Kirishima was freaking out. He was fine when he was picking out suits with Bakugou. In fact he was better than fine. He was confident. But surrounded by his entire school? Kirishima was best not going at all. Truth be told, he most likely wouldn't go to the dance, just like every year before, if he hadn't been asked on a date by his new boyfriend.

Bakugou wanted to hang out after school, but he told him he had plans. By 'plans' he meant going over to Mina's house.

The day went by as usual, Bakugou and Kirishima close enough to look like really good friends but being careful to not blow their cover before the dance. As soon as they knew it, the end of school had come. 

Kirishima was waiting by the exit for Mina when he saw Bakugou walking up to him. 

"Oh! Hey Bakugou!" Kirishima smiled and waved. Bakugou wrapped his arms around the boy's shoulders and leaned against him saying, "You sure you can't hang out? What are you even doing anyways?" Bakugou seemed genuinely sad, which wasn't in his character so Kirishima decided to lighten the mood by pulling back saying, "Aw its nothing! Plus seriously Bakugou we look like an old married couple you gotta stop doing that. "

"Ughh. Whatever Hair for Brains." groaned the blond pulling back saying a quick "See ya" before leaving. Kirishima smiled. He then felt a hand on his shoulder and looked to see Mina wiggling her eyebrows then laughing. "Pfff. You guys are too cute." 

They started on their way to Mina's house and when they got there they met Mina's mom who was more than kind to Kirishima. Mina led him up to her room and they sat on her pink bed. 

The bed was pink, the walls were pink, and she was pink. Everything was pink except for one black leather jacket saying "Alien Queen" on the back with a ringed planet that looked like it was dripping. It looked totally badass.

He walked over to it and said "Wow Mina! This looks so cool!" Mina turned to him and smiled saying "Oh yeah! I know right!"

"This one time, Bakugou took me, Kaminari, and Sero to this place to all get leather jackets. All of ours look super cool! Mine says "Alien Queen", Kami's says "Chargebolt" although Bakugou made a joke about how he should have put something like 'Knock-off Pikachu', Sero got "Cellophane" and Bakugou got "Ground Zero". We all got to decorate them and stuff just how we wanted and they all look so cool! Now that I think about it, you're apart of our group now so we should go and get you one too!" 

Kirishima's eyes were sparkling. "What would yours say Kirishima?" Kirishima had no hesitation responding because he didn't even have to think. 

"Red Riot." he said smiling with determination. "Hey Mina? Can I tell you a secret? You have to promise to never tell Bakugou. EVER." he said smiling as they both sat across from each other on Mina's pink bed. She nodded mischievously and said, "When do I ever tell Bakugou anything?"

After some well-deserved laughter, Kirishima leaned in and said quietly, "In highshool..." he paused then looked Mina dead in the eyes "I want to dye my hair red." 

Mina's eyes widened and so did her smile. "Kirishima thats awesome! Thats gonna look great on you! And it would match your eyes! But... Why shouldn't Bakugou know?"

"Well...I don't want to dye it red just because I can, Mina. I want to change. It's a symbol for what I'm trying to do. I haven't been the happy and positive person I am around you guys before I met you. I was pretty... well you get my point. So from now on, I want to be the best and most confident self I can be! And to prove my change to the world, I'm going to change my hair as well, and never look back." he said eyes burning with passion. 

Mina firmly nodded saying, "I understand. I won't say a word Plus it'll be a fun surprise right?" 

"Yup!"

"Hey... Mina?" he asked uncertain of the question he would ask next. Mina looked up at him questionably and said a reassuring "What's up Kiri?" 

"Do you think Bakugou actually likes me that much? I mean... Bakugou is like everything anyone could ever want and he could have literally anyone if he wanted to. He could have picked any girl or boy in this entire school. Yet he chose me. I'm not really that impressive either. I mean I'm just saying... he doesn't really have a good reason for liking me right? Who's to say he really does like me?"

Mina looked absolutely furious. "What the actual fuck Kirishima. Of course he likes you. He'd be stupid not to! Plus it's pretty obvious that he really cares for you. He's so obvious and you're so oblivious it so ironic I want to laugh until my lungs literally bleed Kirishima. So don't think that way because you think that you aren't good enough for him or whatever type of bullshit you come up with this time. If anything you're too good for him. And as a professional matchmaker, I say that you and Bakugou are the most genuinely happy couple I have ever seen. So cut out that stupid crap about doubting yourself okay Kirishima? Because he cares about you. We all do."

Kirishima smiled with tears in his eyes but he refused to let them stream down his cheeks. He sniffed "Thank you Mina. You don't know how much that means to me!" Mina chuckled "Yeah yeah, love you too Kiri." 

They spent the rest of their day talking about how to act around Bakugou, how not to piss him off too much, but just enough, and about what they would wear. At the end of the day, Kirishima was glad that he could talk to Mina about these things he held so close to in his heart. He was glad that Mina was there to tell him to not have any doubt and to be confident in himself. And this made him think that maybe-just maybe- he and Bakugou would be in a relationship when they graduated and went into highschool too.

---

Hey guys! Sorry this is a filler and it sucks, but theres some stuff in here that will come up later! Next chapter is gonna be the dance chapter and I promise to update way sooner, so buckle up, fuckers! You're in for a ride ;) 

Also, I'm making a short separate fic for Halloween! It'll have Little Red Riot and the Big Bad Bakugou kind of thing so if you're interested, go check it out! Should be started within a couple days so... bye I guess.