Tension

Kirishima's POV

They walked back to the cars with their class still holding hands, feeling happier than they had in years. Kirishima walked looking at his feet with a dumb grin and a bright red blush covering his face. Bakugou didn't look like he was doing much better.

The other kids were giggling and whispering things like, "finally! that took forever..." and such.

When they got to their cars, (the "Bakusquad" all rode together) Kirishima, Bakugou, and Kaminari all had to fit in the back of the car with Mina in the passenger's and Sero driving.

Bakugou and Kirishima refused to let their hands part and Kirishima was flattered and thought it was a cute gesture at first, but as they had to squeeze inside the medium sized car Kirishima had a few different thoughts.

It was a BIT hard for him to concentrate on anything else when Bakugou was pressed up right against his side, and Kirishima's shirt got all wet due to Mina splashing it so he was STILL shirtless while Bakugou refused to look at him. Usually, Kirishima was a pretty talkative guy, but right now he wasn't having the... purest of thoughts.

For example, he could imagine that warm calloused hand holding a lot more than his hand-

"AHA!" Kirishima cut his own thoughts off for the second time that day.

He looked out the window and in the reflection saw a curious Bakugou, and he himself looked redder than a tomato. Bakugou stroked his thumb along Kirishima's fingers and leaned in- so close to touching the skin under his ear- and whispered lowly,

"Hey... you okay?"

Kirishima got chills.

He turned his face towards Bakugou's so their noses almost touched (this way he saw that Bakugou's face was just as red as his was) and said, "Y-Yeah! I'm just fine Kat!"

He said it before he even knew it.

Bakugou's eyes turned wide as saucers and his entire face turned red as his eyes as he whispered,

"...Ei..."

Kirishima giggled and said sweetly, "Old habits die hard, yeah?" and Bakugou smiled softly and kissed Kirishima's cheek while squeezing his hand, "Yeah I guess some things never change."

And then the entire car yelled, "AWWWW" in unison and Bakugou set off tiny explosions in his hands but just as quickly stopped and turned to Kirishima worriedly and frantically whispered,

"YOU OKAY?" and Kirishima smirked, holding their intertwined fingers in the air showing off his hardened skin,

"I'm fine Kat, I get hard reflexively!"

and the entire car got quiet.

Bakugou's face looked like it was about to explode.

"W-WHAT!?"

and that's when Kirishima realized exactly what he had just said.

"THAT-THAT'S NOT WHAT I MEANT!!!"

'I mean that too but...'

And apparently his brain was totally against him and he was whispering his thoughts only loud enough for Bakugou to hear.

"E-EIJIROU!!!"

The car screeched as it stopped at the school.

"FINALLY" Mina groaned and stretched the second she got out of the car.

They all carried their stuff inside and soon enough they were heading back to their own dorms.

Bakugou and Kirishima had neighboring dorms so they headed back alone, still holding hands.