Thank You

Kirishima's POV

They all laughed as Bakugou exploded but then something happened. 

Kirishima rested a hand on Bakugou's shoulder still smiling and said, "It's okay man! He's just kidding!" and laughed it off, hand still on Bakugou. Bakugou stopped screaming at everyone to die and paused to look at Kirishima with wide eyes. He went back to his original position and started unpacking his lunch and mumbled a "yeah, whatever..." 

Everyone stopped what they were doing to gape at Bakugou and Kirishima with disbelief. Kirishima looked at the kids and got flustered but only showed it for a couple moments then casually moved his hand from Bakugou's shoulder to the grass. "Uh... did I do something guys? Are you okay?" he asked the still gawking boys and Mina.

"You... YOU GOT BAKUGOU CALM!! HOW THOUGH!??" stated Kaminari when Mina came in. "YEAH! IT MUST BE TRUE LOVE OR SOMETHING FOR YOU TO GET BAKUGOU TO STOP TRYING TO KILL US!" Mina said laughing it up. Of course, she had to say the words "true love" as Kirishima was sipping his bottled tea. He chocked immediately. He started hacking his lungs out trying to get his breathing under control. His heart was pounding and he knew everyone, including Bakugou, could see his face burning up with a deep blush. 

Bakugou patted his back and whispered "are you okay!?" in a truly worried tone. Then turned to their friends still patting Kirishima's back and scolded them "ARE YOU FUCKERS SERIOUS!? LOOK WHAT YOU DID TO HIM!!! IDIOTS!!" and Kirishima was too busy coughing to notice the bright shade of red invading every inch of Bakugou's face and ears.

Once he calmed down, he sat back down to his original spot and laughed the most flustered and awkward laugh any of them had ever heard. Ever.

"HAHA!!! T-that's funny! N-nice one Mina!!" he tried laughing it off but now everyone was turned to him as his awkward laughing trailed off "HAHA! HA..." he cleared his throat "heh..." he said before he started to eat his food. looking at the ground and stuffing his face so he wouldn't have to talk. Everyone turned to him, and Bakugou covered his bright red face embarrassed enough for the both of them. Oh god...

Kaminari was the first to speak for a few minutes of awkward silence. "Hang on Kirishima. Do you actually...? Do you LIKE Bakugou!? This Bakugou!?" he gestured to Bakugou sitting next to Kirishima. He chose his words VERY carefully. To not say nothing, but not to answer the question.

"Huh? What'd you say? Sorry, I couldn't hear you over the stupidity of that question." he said holding a hand up to his ear leaning closer to Kaminari. Everyone laughed but Bakugou. In fact, he looked sort of... disappointed? And anger? The blond said nothing but looked at the uncomfortable Kirishima sitting next to him. "So what?" said Bakugou at last. Everyone turned to face him. "What do you mean 'so what', Bakugou?" Mina said with a sly smile.

"So what if he does like me? 'S none of your business anyway." Bakugou said bluntly. Kirishima's head whipped at lightning speed to face Bakugou. "EH!? Welp, I'm gonna head to the bathroom now so I don't get even more embarrassed by everyone! BYE!!" said the flustered Kirishima as he got up and started walking with his head down to make sure no one saw the blush invading his features. No one saw. No one but Bakugou. He smirked at the boy who left.

Kirishima made his way to the bathroom and washed his face with cold water. He doesn't like you. Why would he ever even consider you? It's better not even to think about it. he thought.

He left the bathroom, a small smile of relief on his face because the red had left his face. He took a few steps then heard a "HEY! Guys look, it's that worthless bastard with a useless quirk! Oh wow, how long has it been!?" a big guy came up with multiple kids behind him. Oh no. Not them, not now...

He took a few steps back and accidentally backed up against a wall. He was cornered. Before he knew it, he was being beaten to a pulp. Bruised and bleeding, being told just how worthless, scum, useless, boring, and terrible he was. How he had no friends and no one would ever like him. Not now, not ever. The big guy had gotten a knife out. That's when Kirishima got so scarred his hot tears started rolling down his face even faster. Why had he been happy again? He couldn't remember. Nothing's changed.

Just as they were stepping towards him a certain blond came with huge explosions yelling "KIRISHIMA!!" he looked up and saw Bakugou. Even though he was feeling miserable, he was bleeding, bruised, beaten, broken, he looked up and smiled at Bakugou. "Hey, Bakugou! Sorry I got sorta busy..." he said and chuckled scratching the back of his neck. Bakugou looked so furious, so murderous, anyone who looked at him knew they were probably going to die. Painfully. Bakugou was the king of this school, even above bullies. He was a god to them.

The blond started at the gang of kids and started to beat them even more than they had Kirishima. His eyes wide, a single tear fell down Bakugou's face. Kirishima limped over to him, put a hand on his shoulder, leaning on him and whispered "It's okay Bakugou... I'm okay, see? Let's go back now, okay?" he said tears falling harder with each word. Bakugou quickly turned in horror and embraced Kirishima. They stood there hugging, crying into each other's embrace for who knows how long. 

"Are you okay? Oh my god I'm sorry... I-I'm so fucking sorry..." Kirishima chuckled "What are you sorry for, silly? I'm fine, everything's fine now!" "I WASN'T FUCKING THERE SOONER! NOW YOU GOT BEAT UP AND I JUST-! AND WHAT ARE YOU GONNA TELL YOUR FAMILY!?-" Bakugou got cut off by a very serious Kirishima that he wasn't used to.

"Bakugou. This isn't the first time this has happened. My family understands. I'm more afraid of what you think... I'm so weak. So unmanly. But it's okay because I finally got friends and that proved them wrong! They would always tell me that I was useless and no one would ever be friends with me, but you proved them wrong! The truth is... I've always admired you. The way to speak, the way you look, the way you walk. You're so confident! It amazes me! You amaze me Bakugou! I've always wanted to talk to you, but I was too much of a coward to do it, and now you want to be my friend!? That's more than I could ever ask for. And just now, I mean you beat up the kids who bullied me for years like it was nothing! SO I guess my point is... thanks. Thank you for being my friend!"

Kirishima smiled at the boy. Bakugou simply looked at him in horror, as if he just saw a ghost. "No... are you serious? Kirishima I had no idea..." he said then tightened his hold around Kirishima. Now both were sobbing, one smiling, one not. Eventually, when their sobs turned to small sniffles, they agreed to go back to their friends.

Of course they were all worried and asked what happened and they explained how some jerks were beating him up and Bakugou came to save him. They left out the part where Kirishima said his speech and Bakugou said he was sorry and they cried into each other's arms. That was a special part. That part was only for them to know.

 When lunch ended, they smiled at each other and started off to their next class together, hands occationally brushing against each other, but neither pulled away.