chapter five

AMARA ROSE
chapter five

I wake up with an aching pain in my back after having practically slept on Caleb all night in the limited amount of space the tent provided. That boy sleeps real messy. Never again will I even dare sleep next to him.

I made my way towards the beach house. I have no clue what time it was. My phone is upstairs in my room, kept far away from me, due to the phone ban the Kuwonu boy had inaugurated.

As I pass by the kitchen, it then came to my realization that I am not the only one awake.

Brandon was seated at the island, a joint pressed between his forefingers. A look I couldn't quite figure out, is on his face as he glares down at the phone clasped in his lap.

I cross my arms across my chest as I look over at him, awaiting the moment when he picks up on my presence. It isn't until he lifts the joint to his lips once more did his eyes meet mine.

He blew the smoke from his mouth, a grin then spreading out across his face. He set aside his phone. "Are you here to give me that head yet?"

I roll my eyes before striding forward and taking a seat in the empty chair next to him.

"How long have you been up?"

"Long enough." He responds bluntly.

I hum in response before gesturing for him to pass me the weed stick. He does just that and watches as I take a long hit.

I exhale the smoke, watching as it forms a grey mist before it slowly vanished into thin air. I look back over at the boy next to me. His eyes were already on me.

"Brandon." I say softly as I pass it back to him.

"Amara." He says amusingly, taking another hit and blowing the smoke right in my face.

I lean forward, staring even deeper into his dark brown eyes. "You have nice eyes."

"Thanks." He leans forward also. "Do you want to know what I like most about you?"

"My ass?"

"Close. Your lips."

My heartbeat picks up as he reaches forward, brushing his thumb across my bottom lip. He pulls it down slightly before letting it go, snapping back into place. He goes to sit back before I catch him off guard.

I'm not sure what came over me but I kissed him. He kissed back. Slowly at first but it picked up fairly quick. Our breaths mesh together—become more harsh and fast. As the heat of the moment elevates, he picks me up singlehandedly as the other hand holds the still-lit blunt. He stops momentarily, setting me down on the island. He puts it out.

It starts up again. He jerks me to the very edge of the counter and forces my neck to the side. He begins to leave rough kisses. His breath is hot against my neck and the feeling of his hands on my thighs left a tingly sensation.

"Wow." We hear someone say. My heart drops.

It's Zion.

I slip down off the counter in a hurry.

"It isn't what it looks like, Zion."

He laughs. "Are you serious? You can't pull that card in circumstances like this."

"No, she's telling the truth. She had something on your neck. I saw it and I was like, 'oh yeah, right on let me help give you a hand with that.' But like with my mouth, you know. It's the same thing. So that was what you just walked in on- me being a good friend."

He approaches us and hands Brandon a twenty. "I believe you've earned this."

My brows furrow.

"What do you mean by that? Why did he earn that?" I pause and realization hits. "You guys made a bet? Didn't you?"

They both look at each other, grinning.

"Oh wow, fuck the both of you. You guys are literally children."

"Guess that makes you a pedophile." Zion retorts, earning laughter from Brandon.

"Assholes." I mutter to myself as I climb the stairs.