chapter ten

AMARA ROSE
chapter ten

I can feel Brandon's eyes on me as I paint. He is supposed to be painting too but everytime I look up and I find him looking over at me. He doesn't even attempt to be subtle about it. In fact, when I catch him staring, he doesn't even bother to look away.

Eventually, I'd had enough of it. I look up and cock up an eyebrow. He only mimics me, doing the same, taunting me.

"What seems to be the problem?"

He grins. "Is my staring a problem for you?"

"Yes."

He shifts his eyes down now, eyeing my boobs.

"You're annoying." I retort.

He only hums before leaning in closer— his face now inches away from mine. "Am I?"

"Yes." I say. I force him out of my personal space by pushing him away by his shoulders.

He falls back onto the bed, grinning profusely at having successfully annoyed the living shit out of me. It's something he finds to be very entertaining. He enjoys getting under my skin.

In his new position on the bed, his eyes no longer linger on me. Instead, they are trained on the ceiling. And the two of us fall into a comfortable silence as I add some final touches to my painting.

"I'm horny."

I look over at him at his words. His eyes remain transfixed on the ceiling and for a moment I figured that I had only imagined these words coming from him.

"What?"

"You heard me." He shoots back, his eyes still not meeting mine. I'm sure this was just another one of his ways of making my skin crawl.

"Brandon Michael."

"I'm horny." He repeats. Only then did he finally make eye contact.

"Okay and?"

He looks over at me at that, propping his head in the palm of his hand. The same smirk resides on his face. 

"You're really sexy when you get all mad at me."

"Okay, enough. Get up. I'm going to start getting ready." I say.

He sits up, swinging his legs off the side of my bed. "Okay, fine. Can I watch?"

"No, I actually want to spend some time with Edwin first. You know, before we all have to go home."

"Well okay." He says before getting up. "I'm just going to be in my room. I promise not to obtrude into your and Edwin's little hang out session."

I watch as he exits my room, closing the door a little to roughly for my liking.

What the hell just happened?