chapter seven

AMARA ROSE
chapter seven

Frustrated. I am frustrated as I place the cake toppers onto the face of the cake. It spells out 'happy birthday, Zion!' The exclamation point isn't even an exclamation point. It is an upside down, lower case 'i.' One of the boy's had eaten all the punctuation marks. I have yet to determine which one.

I cover up the cake and store it away in the fridge. I make sure to place a note on top threatening the life of anyone who dares to fuck with it until Zion's birthday party.

As I had added all the final touches to the cake, I had come to conclusion that 1) Brandon is very smooth, but 2) I am not going to fall into his trap, and lastly 3) I'm lying straight through my teeth.

I knock softly on his door. He is quick to open it as if he had been awaiting this moment. He raises an eyebrow. "Can I help you?"

I don't speak, I only reach for the hem of my shirt before tugging it over my head. His eyes scan over my chest. Even though I had him looking, I hadn't cracked him. It is Brandon's natural instinct to look at boobs. If I did break him, he would be tugging me into the bedroom as I speak.

"May I come in?"

He looks me in the eyes. "Don't you have a cake to bake?" His words seemed to be forced, as if it was hard for him to stick to the words he said in the kitchen.

"All finished." I say simply before I push past him, entering his room. He closes the door hesitantly then turns to me.

I am right behind him, catching him off guard. He looked down at me. "Are you here for sex, Amara? Because I'm not a gigolo. I have respect for mys-."

He falls silent as I latch my mouth to his neck. A little thing you should know about Brandon is that when you give his neck just the slightest bit of attention, he melts right into your arms.

It's an incredible sight, really. It is the one time you could actually catch him being vulnerable.

I slip my hands around the back of his neck, spearing my fingers through his soft hair. He tilts his head up, providing easier access as a soft, shakey sigh fell from his lips. I smirk against his skin.

I pull back to look at him. "What were you saying?"

He shakes his head. "What?" He retorts, so visibly agitated by my actions.

"Is something wrong?"

"No. Put your shirt back on." He insists.

"No, thanks. It's kinda hot."

"Fine." He ushers me over to the door and outside into the hallway. He shuts and locks it on me. I smile triumphantly.

"Nice boobies." I hear Nick say down the hall.

"Thanks." I say, too caught up feeling victorious in the fact that I had pushed Brandon to the edge. I enjoy testing him and pushing his buttons.

"Happy birthday to me." Zion sings.

With this, I put my shirt back on. No more free shows. I am still so pumped, however, from psyching Brandon out, that I decide that I want to take Zion up on his previous offer.

I am going to let him bury me in the sand and give me 'humongous mer-tiddies.'