chapter six

AMARA ROSE
chapter six

Caleb's actual birthday is tomorrow so here I am icing the cake that I had baked from scratch. All by myself, might I add. I should spit in it or something. Out of spite.

Brandon came up behind me, his hands slithering around my torso and tugging me closer to his chest so my back was pressed against his front. He props his chin on my shoulder.

"Leave me alone, please."

"Mkay."

He does what I ask and releases me. The messy-haired boy comes up beside me now. He leans himself against the counter. I refuse to look at him.

"You're still mad about the whole bet thing, aren't you?"

I don't answer him.

He reaches for me. He brushes my neck with his fingers and runs them along my jaw and collarbones. His actions cause goosebumps to rise on my skin.

"Let me make it up to you."

I set down the piping icing and turn to him. "Why? What did Caleb bet you this time? Fifty dollars to get in my pants?"

"Don't take it too personally."

"No, you know what? You're not going to stand here and tell me what to do and how to feel. You're an asshole. I see that now and I'd appreciate it if you left me alone."

His lips purse together and he stands up properly now, no longer leaning against the counter.

"No." He says shortly.

He then reaches over swiping his fingers along the side of the cake, collecting icing.

"Don't touch my fucking cake. I swear you just enjoy getting under my skin."

"I do." He says with a grin. He cleans the icing off of his fingers with his mouth, doing one at a time. "I'd like to be doing other things to you as well but you'd just say no."

I blush. "You're right. I would."

"Right. I'd just like to mention, however, that once I leave this room that option is no longer on the table. Nonnegotiable."

"Just go."

He sighs. "Yes, ma'am."

For some reason, I find it very hard to speak right now. Maybe it is because my mouth is dry. Or maybe it's due to the fact that I didn't want to use my mouth to exchange meaningless words. Maybe I just want to put it to use in other ways. But I couldn't say that, of course. I'd be letting him

I have to act unphased, acting as if I wouldn't force his pants down to his ankles right now if he asked me to. Hell, if he asked, I would even go as far to call him papa smurf.

He's leaving now though. And I couldn't give up my pride to call him back.

"I'll be in my room, if you need help with the cake or anything." He says.

As he turns the corner, I could have sworn I saw a smirk plastered on that face of his his. He's manipulating me. I know this. He's acting as if he doesn't want what I want. He wants me to give in, to submit to him. He's getting his point across, that's for damn sure. And I hate him for this.