chapter fifteen

AMARA ROSE
chapter fifteen

"You ready to go?" Zion asks after slamming the trunk of Shirley closed. I look over at the house once more, a small smiling creeping onto my face.

I look back at the lightskinned boy and give him a curt nod of my head,"Yeah."

I hop into the backseat of the eccentric red car, joining the four-eyed boy who already took his place in the backseat. He smiles over at me,"What's in store for Amara Rose this summer?"

I fasten my seatbelt before adverting my eyes over towards him. I shrug my shoulders,"We'll see what the world has in store for me."

Zion pops open his car door, it squealing in the process. He plops himself down onto his zebra striped covered front seat before looking back at the two of us.

"Not to brag or anything, but I've been waiting to get this off my chest- I hit Caroline Anderson so hard last night," He frowns slightly,"I mean- I hit it. Not like abuse. Well, I suppose some could say that I abused that pus-."

"Alright, Kuwonu, we understand. Now could you put this shit in drive? I'd like to say goodbye to my other friends before I head home."

He turns back around and adjusts his rear-view mirror,"It's probably a good thing that you stopped me there. Abused wasn't even an appropriate word to describe it-."

"Thank you for becoming a sensible pers-."

"Obliterated is more suitable."

"Zion Kuwonu!" I say scoldingly, earning a series of laughter from both boys present.

The boys soon take notice to my solemn demeanor. Brandon clears his throat while Zion starts up the car and mutters under his breath incoherently as he slips his Spice Girls CD into the radio.

As the car is sent into motion, Brandon placed his hand onto my lower thigh. I looked over at the small sign of affection. He only smiled softly before leaning forward and placing a quick but sweet kiss to my lips.

I only smile in response before allowing my head to fall onto his shoulder. We watched the passing scenery- it being nothing but a blur of varying colors.

THE END