chapter nine

AMARA ROSE
chapter nine

Brandon isn't in his room. His bed is neatly made and his suitcase is packed, resting on top of it. I frown. I forgot that tomorrow is the last day we will be spending on the beach.

I make my way down the stairs. The cold air chills my bare legs. I probably should have dressed more appropriately for the morning chill.

I spot Brandon at the piano. He's good at it too. I didn't quite expect him to be. It's a nice surprise.

He notices me unfortunately and his flawless piano playing ceases. He looks over at me.

"Enjoying the show?"

"Yes." I say.

He smiles. "Come here."

I do as he orders and I come to him. He allows me to sit on his lap. He wraps his arms securely around my waist. He looks up at me. I look down at him.

"Look at you." He says. "Back to square one."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

He grins. "I mean, if I remember correctly, this is one of the many positions we were in the night we first met. We've come full circle."

"How long have you been painting for?" He asks, the soft sound of the unfamilar song he was playing sounding through the air. He kept his eyes on the keys as he spoke.

"It's always been something I've had an interest in. Art is just sort of always been my thing."

He stops playing and turns to me,"You're really good. While you were out yesterday, I started to miss you. So I just went to your room and laid in your bed. Then I noticed a few of your art pieces and-" He pauses,"you should really draw a picture of me sometime."

I laugh,"Maybe I will."

"I'd be a good model. I'm done for all the poses. If you want me to be naked then so be it." He grins.

"Oh, please." I say, shaking my head.

We both fall into a comfortable silence, the two of us just staring at one another with admiration in our eyes.

"I could get used to this," He says,"I mean, waking up to you every morning, with you wearing my clothes, looking all cute and shit. And just talking to you for hours. Getting to learn about everything there is to know about you."

I smile, looking down at my lap for a small moment,"Stop being so mushy, asshat."

He only grins, placing his hand lightly on top of mine,"Do you want to go out with me? Like tonight? I need to get some new scenery."

"I suppose. I guess that I need to get to see some new scenery also."

"A date?" He queries.

I grin as I stand up,"A date."

A/N: i want to play some damn monopoly with brandon😌