chapter eleven

AMARA ROSE
chapter eleven

Edwin and I were in the living room. We weren't speaking about any innapropriate topics or anything of that particular sorts. It was simply just two old friends having a friendly conversation.

But I don't suppose the four-eyed boy seated on the sofa opposite us, that was slurping away at his empty juice box with a tightly clenched jaw, interpreted it this way. He hadn't stopped sucking on it since he had sat down.

"You seriously have never seen The Fault in Our Stars?" I gasp, clutching my chest as if I was moments away from having a heart attack.

"That's not completely true. I've seen part of it but I haven't watched the entire thing."

All of a sudden Brandon's sucking on his straw stops. He lets out a overly dramatic, fake cough and announces the death that occurs in the movie in the midst of it.

The sucking continues.

Edwin only lets out an uncomfortable laugh,"Well, I was going to suggest we watch it together to educate me but knowing whose going to die sort of ruins the fun for me."

I laugh also,"Yes, I agree. That's why I didn't really enjoy Romeo and Juliet. You know of their deaths from the very beginning."

"Romeo and Juliet, that story surely was something." He says as a small grin was tugging at the corners of his mouth. His hand then lands onto my thigh. It was a small gesture and I probably wouldn't have even noticed it, if it hadn't been for the silence.

The house itself wasn't silent, Nick was shouting upstairs at his TV. Austin was playing jenga by himself in the kitchen.

Even Edwin had continued on with his words. The sound of Nick's shouts, Austin's jenga blocks clattering against the counter for the umpteenth time, and Edwin's words that were now only gibberish to me cloud my ears. Yet one sound was missing.

I look over at the couch where Brandon sat moments before, only to find the his place abandoned. The only sign that he had been there was the empty juice box he had left behind.

I look over at Edwin,"I'm sorry, but can you excuse me real quick? I have to use the bathroom."

He smiles,"Sure thing. I'll just go kick Austin's ass in jenga again."

I smile before standing up. I head for the stairs but before I could step on the first stair, Edwin's voice sounds from behind me.

"Oh, and Amara, you really don't have to make up excuses to ditch me," he implies with a chuckle,"Go get your man, ma."

My man? Brandon was surely not my man. We were just friends. Sure we kissed on the occasion, cuddled a good bit, and the two of us have a date scheduled in six hours, but that didn't mean anything..right?

I found Brandon in my room. He was lying on his stomach, his face buried in my pillows. I smiled softly as I loosely cross my arms across my chest and make my way over to him.

I sit down onto the edge of the bed. I'm not sure if he noticed my presence and if he did, he didn't bother to acknowledge it.

"Are you okay?"

"He put his hand on your thigh." Is all he says in response. His voice was muffled against the bed and I could tell his teeth were clenched together as he spoke.

"Brandon," I groan,"Are you seriously bothered by that? He's just a friend, B."

He turned over,"He put his hand on your thigh," he repeats, this time loud and clear.

I found it quite cute how bothered and dramatic Brandon was being over Edwin's hand on my thigh that, might I add, only lingered there for a mere two seconds.

"Brandon," I say softly.

He sighs, looking over at me for the first time since I had entered the room,"Yes?"

I climb on top of him, so I was then straddling his hips. I smile down at him as I brush the pad of my thumb across his bottom lip.

"Do you want me to fill you in a little secret, Brandon?"

He groans dramatically while he moves his hands from the bed to my hips,"I seriously am not in the mood for any of your games at the moment."

"Brandon," I say, beginning to slide my hands up and down his chest. A small teasing grin was toying at my lips as I did so.

"I'm serious."

I begin tracing my pointer finger along his collarbones, his neck, and ending its journey at his prominent jawline.

"What if I told you I only wanted you. And not Edwin. Would that make you feel any better?"

"You know what would make me feel better, Amara? You going downstairs and making that clown ass Edwin untouch your thigh."

I spear my fingers through his soft hair,"Are you sure that's all I could do, baby?"

"Yes, go tell that smurf ass boy you don't want him and all will be well. But until then, I'm going to remain pressed."

I grin, leaning down to his ear,"What if I sucked your dick, daddy?"

I felt the boy instantly tense up at my words and his grip on my waist tighten. Let's just say that I had my kinks but Brandon Arreaga also had a wide collection of his very own.

°°°°

A/N: js but when edwin's brunette again and his curls return, im going to have to skrt my way out of brandons lane. like if his bald-headed ass still made me have chest pains, imma be ruined when his curls return🌚🌚