Chapter 3

Amy's POV

Well....there's no turning back now, I thought as we all got off the 54 seater coach. I wondered over to Calum and Rachel, along Luke's side, as Miss Gregory had to try and organise the class of 30, which will take forever. Especially with some of the idiots in our class.

"Right you lot! Gather round!" Miss Gregory yelled over the top of everyones talking.

Our class gathered around our red head history teacher as she spoke about what we're all going to be doing while inside the building. I'm stood next to Luke and the class giant, whose name is George. Me and the girls call him Cabbage , don't ask why. It's a long story that happened last year in year 10. We all listened to what Miss Gregory had to say. 

"When we get inside the building, I want you all to stay with the person you was sat next to on the coach. Because I don't want anyone wandering off and getting lost, everyone got that?"

We all nodded our heads in agreement, then she started talking about the buildings history, I wasn't really paying much attention. I turned to Luke.

"Psst, Luke... can I ask you something?" I whispered.

"Yeah spud?" All my friends and family called me that, thanks to Calum and my dad calling me it at my 13th birthday party.

"I know you have to stay with me, but actually make you do. Because I don't want you to leave my side while in here."

"I won't leave your side, I promise. I can hold your hand if you want me to?" 

"Yes please." I mumbled. "Thanks Luke"

We continued listening to Miss Gregory as we all started making our way into the abandoned building. As we walked through the double doors which led into the building, I fell a hand intwine with mine. I look up to see that Luke is keeping his promise by staying by my side. I smile at him, then I start to look at all the debris on the floor. We all began walking towards a room, which has a scraggy looking bed in it and with some, what looked like, hospital equipment in there. I began to imagine what it would have been like to have been a worker here. The doctors and nurses must have had their work cut out with some of the patients in here. I, then came back into reality. That's when I noticed it, chains attached to the wall in the corner of the room, then next to that, I saw scratch marks on the wall. I shudder at the sight of this, and Calum, who was stood near us, notices.

"You okay couz?" he asked.

"Yeah, just imagined what it would be like working here." I said.

He just nodded then continued talking to Rachel, God knows about, to be honest I don't want to know what they're talking about.  We all began walking again, around the ground floor, looking in all the rooms. Everyone room was more or less the same as the first one. I really don't like it here.  I gripped Luke's hand tighter when we had a look at the torture room, where they used to punish the patients here. We walked in and the sight was awful. Electric chair, needles on the floor etc. It was horrible, and I mean, horrible. I put my hand over my mouth to cover the sound of my gasps. I jumped when I felt a hand on my shoulder and someone whispering my name. I turn around to see Shannon, laughing.

"Really?" I say, sarcastic. Everyone was laughing. "Thanks Shannon."

"Your welcome, Spud

I stuck my middle finger up at her and continued to look around the room, which I hated being in but we had to stay in there to get the feel of what it would have been like here, back in 1896, 100 years before we was all born. 

"Right, the owner of this building has gave us permission to sit in the electric chair and get strapped to it. This is so you get to feel like your a patient here. Don't worry though, there's no electric here  so you won't get electrocuted. Any volunteers?" Miss Gregory asked us all.

The whole class went silent.

"I will? I mean if anyone else doesnt." I spoke up.

"Yeah, go on Amy!" Ian, Shannon's half cousin yelled.

I let go of Luke's hand and began walking towards the chair, looking back at Luke and everyone else, their faces looking worried. I smiled reassuringly, put my bag down, then sat down in the chair. Miss Gregory walked over to me and put the straps over the top of my wrists then around my ankles. I sat there with everyone's eyes staring at me, while Miss Gregory was talking about what the electric chair did and what happened to the patients. As she was going on about the chair, I saw a dark shadow standing at the doorway then it walked away. Miss Gregory took the straps off me and I rubbed my eyes and looked towards the doorway to see that it had gone. 

2 hours later and we all went to near the coach, to eat our lunch. 

"Hey, how was sitting in that chair?" Ashton asked.

"Uncomfortable and highly awkward. But non of you frigging wimps would go on it. Wimps, the lot of you." I joked.

"Hey, just because I don't like here..." Shannon said.

"Well, you seemed to be enjoying it when you scared the living daylight out of me!"

"Your face was priceless, I knew it was a good idea." Michael laughed, then I just stared at him. "I..it wasn't just my idea. It was kinda Ashton's idea as well."

After that bit of friendly banter, we continued to eat our lunches before the hour dinner break was over.

"Calum..." I said, clinging to Luke's arm, shaking with fear.

"Yeah spud?" he replied.

"We're not here alone...at Aston Hall"

"How do you know?" Luke asked

"I..I saw something, or someone"

"Yeah, course you did Amy" Everyone laughed

No one believed Amy....except Calum.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N There's chapter 3 for you!

I'd like to thank you all for reading. To think I only began this fanfic last week :)

Will update the 2nd half of this, on Saturday for you.

See you soon

Amy xx