3.

I opened my eyes and saw that I was back in my room. Glancing down, I saw that I was still wearing the same clothing, which looked like they had been through a wreck. The car crash, and the train! I couldn't recall how I got back home.

Turning to the side, I saw the purple coin on the nightstand. I reached for it and held it for a bit. Subconsciously, it might have had something to do with pulling through the car wreck, which would've killed me and the others. I wondered if they too got through it.

As I opened the door, suddenly, the door and the hinges ripped off. My eyes widened. I didn't know my strength, or was it that?

"Whoa! Jeez, sis!" Mitch remarked wide-eyed on noticing my bedroom door torn from the door frame, "Didn't know you had Xena Warrior Princess strength!"

"That's new," I muttered as I carefully placed the door at the side of the frame, making sure that it didn't fall over.

"How are you doin' kiddo?" Dad asked arriving and wearing his uniform, "You slept all day yesterday. Mitch and I were really to get ya to the hospital if you didn't wake up by today."

"Uh...yesterday? Is it Monday already?" I wondered feeling like I had come out of a coma.

"Yep."

"Ya missed Sunday," Mitch added.

Dad noticed the door and the torn-up frame, "What happened there?"

"I'm not sure. Guess I gripped it too hard," I replied.

"Don't worry about it."

"I'll fix it up after work," Mitch nodded.

Ever since we lost Mom, Mitch became our home handyman since Dad worked long hours at the station or did tours. My brother took sessions on home repair to save us the hassle of hiring someone as we were financially struggling but had an excellent income.

"Think you're well enough for school?" Dad asked.

I nodded. It was at least the opportunity to find out if the others made it out from the wreck alive and with abnormal strength.

So, I took a fast shower, got dressed, and grabbed an oatmeal bar and an apple as a quick breakfast

So, I took a fast shower, got dressed, and grabbed an oatmeal bar and an apple as a quick breakfast. Dad drove me to school before heading to work as usual.

I kept an eye out for Billy, Jason, Kimberly, and Trini. I knew Zack hadn't been coming to school, so I'd probably look for him afterward. On seeing the others in a few classes, it all confirmed to me that the coins had something to do with our surviving the train and car wreck.

Soon during lunch period, I heard a word from other students that Billy had knocked out Colt. I was in line to buy one of the lunches of the day. Though I knew Billy would never resort to violence, only if it was necessary.  Plus, I couldn't find Trini as she purposely avoided any associations.

"Aspen," someone called out.

I glanced to the side seeing Jason and Kimberly approaching me.

"You feel any different? When you woke up this morning?" Kimberly asked.

"Yeah. I ripped my room door off its hinges like it was nothing. My dad and brother told me that I slept all through yesterday," I replied.

I could tell Jason and Kimberly had a similar side effect. I pulled out the purple coin.

"This must have something to do with being alive after that collision," I added showing to them.

Jason nodded in agreement. I got out of the line and followed him and Kimberly to find Billy. Kimberly and I found my best friend seated at one of the tables as most of the other students sat around wanting to hear how he knocked out Colt. He looked like he was enjoying the association. Usually,  no one wanted to be seated anywhere next to Billy during lunch period, except me.

"Oh, hey, Kimberly Hart. Hey, Aspen," Billy saw us.

"Billy, we need to talk," Kimberly said.

"Like right now," I added as I pulled him up on his feet and had him follow us.

The other students gawked at seeing Kimberly and at the fact that she knew Billy.

The three of us went over to the service counter.

"Do you feel weird?" Kimberly asked Billy.

"Weirder than usual?" he asked.

I nodded at him, "Yeah. Different. Like you can rip doors off the hinges like they're made outta cardboard."

"Yeah," Billy nodded at me.

The three of us placed our coins on the counter. Jason approached us and placed his coin next to ours. I had just noticed that some of the fossilized minerals had flaked off the coins.

"Listen, we know something happened up there," Jason stated, "I'm not the same."

"Me neither--I'm strong," Billy nodded still astonished at the newfound capability.

"How strong?" I asked him.

"Insanely strong."

"I feel like we need to go back up there," Kimberly suggested.

I nodded in agreement with her. Just after surviving a potentially life-threatening collision, I was bent on finding out what and the actual origins of the coins.

Suddenly, a whirring noise occurred The four coins hovered just a few inches above the counter. Jason, Kimberly, Billy, and I quickly slapped them back on it and held them there. That second, I felt the stainless-steel countertop start to overheat. Next thing, the plastic lunch trays became rubbery like Silly Putty and the soda cans and exploded spraying the other students nearby, including Amanda and Harper.

"Didn't see that coming," I muttered seeing the girls who have long tried harassing me and lately Kimberly get showered with soda and cafeteria food.

"We're going back there today," Jason implied.

Each of us grabbed the coins and left the cafeteria.