× Chapter 1 - Memories of you ×

by @tt10500

His bright eyes and smile caught my attention. Unlike other guys, his soft personality loosened my feelings.

I saw him a few times. Walking down to classes, in the canteen lines and passing by at lunch. It was over two years since I had last spoken to him. We went to the same primary school, and during our last year of primary, I was stuck to sit next to him for half a year. He looked nonetheless the same, the medium two-block cut but longer. His name was Jinyoung, Jung Jinyoung. He had grown a lot taller too, possibly reaching over the height of 178 cm. I, however was at the urge of reaching 160 cm.

It was at the start of autumn when it all started. I had promised myself not to embarrass again by competing in a school sport, in front of nearly the WHOLE school. It was the Clemente Cup.

The Clemente Cup was a graded competition consisting of different limited sports; basketball, soccer or netball. It reminded me back when I had signed up with a basketball team. The rule was to at least have two girls in the team, and I was asked if I wanted to join. It seemed like great fun when the boys had often played it during lunch and recess, but this was different.

The whole school, of any grades would be watching us compete against another team and the versing team was full of professionals. In the end, what was thought of "a friendly basketball game" was turned into a "highly competitive game where our team would lose, badly".

"Jiyoo, are you interested in participating in the Clemente cup?" Youjung asked. As soon as I heard the word "Clemente Cup" I immediately looked up.

"Clemente Cup?" I laughed. She was definitely not the type of person to be in a sporting team, especially if she got hit. "You're kidding right? Are you competing?"

"No..and yes.." she slightly smiled. "I'm being serious, yeah i signed up and I was wondering if you would too."

"Umm..lol i'll see," I replied. A question hit me right and hard in the head. "Wait, whose on the team?"

"Hmm..Sonny, Jinyoung and a few others." she answered. "Soo..are you considering to play?"

The name Jinyoung stirred my mind up. I hadn't talked to him in years and seeing me fail was the last thing I wanted him to see of me.

"Ohh..yeah," i spoke without thinking. I must be so goddamn dumb! I closed my eyes and sighed. She added my name to the list and walked towards Sonny. Sonny, Jinyoung's best friend and I weren't close, but knew of each other through Youjung. Their mouths moved, but I couldn't hear a thing. That was when Jinyoung came and looked at the list.