× Chapter 15 - Unexpected ×

by tt10500

the fact that we met each other and fell in love

despite there being many other people in the world

was fated to be, and a miracle.

His birthday passed, and in a few weeks it would be my birthday. Nothing much was said or done. We continued our daily routine and it made me forget him quickly.

| 24 november, 2018 |

It was my birthday. Finally. Not like I was excited or expecting gifts, but since it was the weekend all I wanted was to rest at home. My parents had gone out to buy food so I was home alone.

The doorbell rang and as I went to answer it, there was no one outside. Was this some sort of prank?

As I headed back inside, the doorbell rang. Again.

I quickly ran to the door and opened it. Again. There was no one to be seen.

As I closed the door, something caught my eye on the doorstep. I went closer to it and sat on the steps of my door. It was wrapped in "happy birthday" paper and was inside a box. Who could have sent this...?

Suddenly a someone stepped out. It was Jinyoung.

"Happy birthday Jiyoo," he said. "Since it was a weekend I had to give it to you this way."

Even if my thoughts wanted him gone, I nonetheless sat there on the steps, still.

I looked back and forth at him and the gift. Gift. Him. Gift. Him.

So he was the one who gave this to me.

As I got up from sitting on the stairs, he leaned closer to me. Was he going to hug-

He leaned in too close to me, before i had a chance to move away.

It was no hug. But something more.

I had no choice but to quickly shut my eyes. In a flick of a second, I felt his soft lips against mine. My first kiss. What I thought would never come to me. I let go of the present he gave me in my hand.

"I'm sorry if I answered you really late," he spilled. "But I really like you. No- love you. Happy birthday Jiyoo."

I could say nothing but stare into his eyes for a long time. I thought about the day we first met in the classroom- where he was a new student back in primary. Fast forward to when we had "reunited" again this year, and when I couldn't look him in the eyes. And now, here I was, being kissed by him and continuously staring into his eyes. Fate really existed- when you didn't expect it at most.

Today, I woke up with him knocking at my door. He wanted to walk with me to school so I agreed.

Two years have passed and he still continues to wrap his warm, cosy hands around mine. I smile so often now, that I do it without even realising. He hugs me in the tightest way possible, and I laugh. Just like a perfect couple, there was nothing more I could ask for.

"I love you Jiyoo," he smiled at me. "I love you more than anything and everything."

"I love you too Jinyoung. I like you and have liked you for such a long time. Even with the stars and moon in the dark, you shine brighter. I love you."

Sometimes you say things that aren't true. You say them because you want them to be true. The unresolved past always finds you again, whether it's love or hatred.

_______________________________________________________________________________

a/n~

hello my readers! You've come this far! I just wanted to say a big thank you for reading this book, it really means a lot to me :)

This chapter is the last chapter of this book and i'm not too sure if I should carry on with another book based on this. LMK if you think I should.

Anyways thank you guys for 600+ views! I didn't expect this many as this was a book to let go of my feelings and ideas. I may write another book similar to this or something new, but I'm not too sure yet.

I also recently finished another book called "surviving a one sided love story" so if you enjoyed this book, you might like that one as well :) The book is under my acc.

Thanks again, to my readers and enjoy ^^
-
thank you all for helping me surpass 1k views! i did not expect this at all! and so for reaching more than i expected, i started on a new book last night called "capsized", as a Chan fanfic. It's based on the Sewol tragedy and i hope you guys like it!