× Chapter 9 - Enclosed distance ×

by @tt10500

There is two feet of space between us,

And about a mile of separation.

Thursday sport came. Jinyoung was in my sport. Wow. Didn't he say he was doing basketball? What was he doing in tennis? Was this a mere coincidence?

I checked the sports roster and we had to walk to the tennis venue. Sigh, I pitied myself. I chose tennis so I could sit and do nothing while escaping the heat, but here we were, going to walk in the heat. With Jinyoung.

Our tennis 'team' met at the front of the school and marked our names off. I spotted Jinyoung heading towards our area and I tried fleeing. He walked up to me.

"You'll regret this sport." he said while smiling a bit. Wait what? Then why was he here?

"Ah...aha," I smiled. "Mhm."

We finally walked to the tennis venue. By then, we all hopped into these resting rooms and chilled a bit before playing. I however, had no intention to play. I spotted Jinyoung playing in front of our room. BAM, he whacked the tennis ball really hard. Wtf was he professional? Ahh, that's right. He played tennis.

I soon hopped onto my laptop to search for comedic videos. For the ten millionth time, sigh. There was no wifi. No wifi? What the hell was this place? Luckily, I had preloaded videos from the night before so I rewatched it. I must've laughed really hard to my heart's content, because in the next minute Jinyoung came barging into the room.

"What's wrong?!" he shouted, and by now me and a few friends were fully aware he was at the door.

"She's watching some hilarious video." one commented.

He then tried looking at my screen and came over to where I was. I quickly shut my screen down and sat on the floor. For no reason. He gave me a funny look and laughed. Then he hopped onto the floor close to where I was sitting. I gulped. He looked at his phone, answering his friend's questions of food. I looked away into the distance.

The others didn't notice but Jinyoung came closer to me. We were both on the floor, beside the table. He came closer and closer, until I could see the pores of skin smooth skin. He stopped looking at his phone and looked at me. It suddenly hit me and I looked down. We stayed in the same close position for three seconds until I broke it. I broke "free" and leaned back, looking over to the other boys watching anime. They had seen it all. I gave them a hushed look and they quickly went back to watching. We were literally so close- no, too close! It was almost like kissing distance. What was I to him?

The silence was soon broken by a friend who once again, like what Jinyoung did, barged into the door. He spotted us on the floor.

"Jinyoung let's go play a game." he shouted out.

"Ok, coming," Jinyoung shouted back. "Jiyoo watch me play."

I nodded. He left his phone on the table. Damn I wanted to hack into his password and find all the girls he texted. I'm kidding, that was too cruel and I didn't mind if he was talking to others. After all, he never really talked to girls. I noticed his iPhone case. It was old, shabby and looked like it was going to fall off. An idea came into my mind. It would be his birthday soon, but I wanted to give it to him before his phone case fell of his phone.

"Is he your boyfriend?" they asked.

"Um...n-no." I hesitated. It was like a one sided relationship, where he seemed to be leading me on.

| shopping, later that night |

I rushed to the phone case section and looked for "iPhone 7" cases. He liked black, so I chose the black matte phone case. I rushed to the counter.

"What's that for?" my mum asked. She knew I didn't own an iPhone 7 so it was weird that I was buying it.

"For my friend's birthday." I lied.

As soon as I got home, I wrapped up the phone case and texted him.

"Meet me tomorrow outside the sport schedules." I texted.

"What for?" he asked. "Ok."

"Secret." I texted back.

Wow! You're almost to the middle of the book! A big thanks for always reading my book!

I'm updating quite regularly now, but my ranks dropped..:( I have 1st place for some but i'm now in 24th place for kdrama which is quite sad...

So please! If you're enjoying this story, please PLEASE vote and comment below. (Even if you aren't pls still :)

Don't forget to add this to your reading list and follow me! Even if you vote once, i'm really thankful!

- Tammie x