Just say yes {Royality}

Fluff; Human AU; No warnings; 754 words

~~

A mix of gold and blue light, provided by countless strings of fairy lights, washed over the wildflowers that lined the stone path Roman was currently walking. Humming no specific tune, he was simply awaiting the arrival of his boyfriend, and hopefully soon to be fiancé.

His hand wandered to the satin box in his suit pocket. It was their anniversary, and after months upon months of planning, today was the day he would finally propose. They had been together for years, four years, to be exact. As time passed, Roman found himself getting nervous, this had to go without a hitch, and he was going to make sure it did.

The path abruptly ended. He took the few steps up, into the parks gazebo, and sat at the table he had set up in the middle. It was covered in their favorite foods, since he knew Patton would absolutely adore that.

Nothing about the food was fancy, and it didn't need to be. As much as he loved fancy dinners, and events, he didn't mind simple. The table itself, and the decorations screamed 'Fancy' and 'Romantic', but the food was simple, and childish.

Peanut Butter and jelly sandwiches rested on their plates, and countless bowls of fruit covered the table. In the middle, was a candlestick. It was perfect, despite not seeming like it. Any other couple would laugh, but roman could just picture Patton's grin, as he bounced up and down on his tip toes. It brought a smile to Romans face.

The echoing sound of footsteps broke Roman from his thoughtful daze, and excitement started to overwhelm the nervousness from earlier. He felt for the box once again, as if he was worried he had lost it. When Patton got close enough that the light enveloped him, making him visible to Roman, he could see the excitement in the bubbly man's eyes.

After a moment of Patton staring in awe at what Roman had set up, he broke the silence. "Wow."

Roman let out a happy chuckle, his smile growing at the others speechlessness. "Well, amor, are you going to join me?" He raised an eyebrow, waving his hand at the seat across from him.

Quiet giggles escaped Patton, and he moved to sit down, giggling more as he noticed what they had to eat. "PB and J's for our anniversary?"

Roman playfully huffed at the question, reaching behind him to grab a bouquet of flowers to hand to Patton. "Only the best for you, amor."

Again, roman was met with happy giggles from his boyfriend. "Well then, Thank you." He reached out to grab the flowers from Roman.

Romans P.O.V

My fingers once again curl around the small satin box, which causes my hand to sweat more than it already was. I can see the Grin on Patton's face as he scans the area, taking in as much as possible. His eyes glowed with excitement, which caused mine to grow.

I'm the romantic of the group, this should come easy, but despite that, i'm still... terrified.

Patton turns to me with the same grin, more loving than before though. "This is wonderful roman! Though, you really should let me set up one of our dates some time." He giggled happily.

For a moment, all my fear melts away at the love held in his smile. I stand up, quickly dropping to one knee, and before I have much time to think over my actions, or my speech I've spent weeks memorizing... words start to fall from my lips, and tears form in Patton's eyes.

"These four years have been absolutely wonderful Patton, and every day I see that beautiful smile of yours, I swear I could do anything. I don't think I could handle a day where I don't wake up to that smile, or come home to you lip syncing beyonce while making diner, or fall asleep cuddled up to you after yet another Disney marathon. So the only reasonable thing in the world to do, is guarantee I can spend the rest of my life with you. Patton Alexander Star, would you make me the happiest man to ever walk the face of this planet, and marry me?"

Two arms wrap around my neck, and i'm sent falling backwards by the force of Patton's tackle hug. Before I can say anything else though, I hear what I've been wanting to for... years.

A quiet happy whisper, as tears fall from Patton's eyes, broke the silence. "Yes."

~~

Hello everybody! 

I hope you enjoyed this one shot, it's one of my absolute favorites. Royality is just so adorable and fluffy. Also, i'm kinda in love with proposal fics, and I really need to do more of these.

I know in my bio or whatever it is, I said every other Wednesday and Saturday, but I couldn't help myself, and decided just to post another. One will still be coming this Saturday though, so don't worry.

Anyways, I hope you have a good day/night, bye!

~Sarcasm