Stood up (Valentine's day)

Fluff; Human Au; Light cussing, crying; 871 words

~~

Logan about dropped the book he was a mere few sentences into when his phone went off, breaking his immersion. It was Valentine's day, a holiday Logan didn't usually celebrate, as not only was it an excuse to get people to spend money, the person he wanted to be spending it with had plans.

Or did, according to the text he had received;

'Got stood up'

'Mind if i come over'

Logan felt a pang in his chest at the words, feeling bad for his friend, but he was quickly distracted by Virgil's atrocious grammar.

'I got stood up. Do you mind if I come over?**'

'In addition, no, I do not. Feel free to stop by.'

Almost the moment he sent the text, his door swung open, and he rolled his eyes. "What's the point in asking if you were already on your way?" Logan asked with a chuckle, watching as Virgil kicked the door closed gently, and sat down right besides him with a long sigh.

It was clear Virgil was upset; Anyone would be after being stood up, or Logan imagined so. He patiently waited for Virgil to begin his ranting, like he normally would when in a sour mood.

Tears of frustration slipped down Virgil's cheeks, and in his current state, he couldn't care less that he was breaking down right in front of Logan. He was stressed, upset, and completely done with online dating. It was bad enough he was stood up, but on valentines day? It just made things worse.

Logan watched in utter shock as Virgil begun to cry, since he had never actually seen him behave like this. Usually, Virgil would make a snarky remark or two, and be back to his normal self, but it was clear just how much this had affected him, and it broke Logan's heart, metaphorically of course.

He sighed heavily, before opening his arms, silently offering the crying male a hug, one that Virgil gladly took.

"What's wrong with me?" Virgil asked quietly, still being held close by a blushing Logan. He wasn't sure he understood the question, so the ever logical one looked at Virgil in slight confusion.

Virgil continued. "Every date has gone bad, every single one. It has to be me. What's wrong with me?" When the clarification set in, Logan shook his head.

"Nothing is wrong with you. I suppose you simply need to keep looking. Perhaps ask Patton, he knows more about this than I do." Logan suggested, hating when Virgil spoke bad about himself. "For now though...Since neither of us have any plans today, would it make you feel better if we spent the day together?"

He felt Virgil nod into his chest, and he reached for the remote. He vowed that by the end of the day, he would have Virgil in a better mood. It was a better use of his time than sulking over a pointless holiday. After all, this did mean he got to spend today with Virgil, even if it was just as friends.

~~

"Where are you taking me exactly?" Logan asked, hand linked with Virgil's, while said man was dragging him along a rather bumpy dirt path. He could hear the wind in the tree's, and their footsteps, but nothing more.

The forest surrounding them was breathtaking, but Logan's attention was on the fact he was holding hands with his crush, as childish as that was. "Here." He looked up in slight confusion, breath catching in his throat as he looked at the picnic Virgil had set up, though he wasn't entirely sure why.

Valentine's day had passed relatively quickly, nothing romantic or fancy. Just movies, board games, anything Virgil really wanted to do, and anything Logan could convince him of, such as their games of chess, all of which Logan had won. The picnic was definitely a change in pace, and held a very romantic note to it.

"This is where you disappeared to earlier?" Logan asked, biting back a disappointed comment when Virgil pulled his hand from his own, and sat on the blanket. Virgil nodded, patting the spot besides him, Logan immediately taking the offer.

"Yah, I um...I wanted to thank you for spending the day with me." Virgil rubbed the back of his neck nervously, second guessing his decision, while Logan simply blushed a bit more. A beat or two of silence passed as Logan debated between responses, though it was comfortable, neither finding it overly awkward.

"Well, it was much better than spending the day alone." He picked up an apple from the assorted foods of the picnic, rolling it in his hands. Logan looked up when Virgil grabbed his hand, noting the blush on his cheeks as one of his own begun to rise.

"That's actually not all I wanted to say..." Virgil knew if he didn't get it over with, he'd back out, so when Logan tilted his head in such an adorably curious way, he simply bit the bullet. "I have been in love with you for so damn long, and-"

Virgil's eyes widened slightly as he felt a pair of lips against his own, cutting him off abruptly. Before he could fully process the fact though, Logan had pulled back with a slight smile.

"Finally."

~~