fear of falling

__________

__________

June 13th, 2019
F I N O L A

My life has been a rollercoaster for the past few weeks if I say so myself.

I graduated med school with full intentions to become a full time nurse, I then started said career and realized almost immediately it wasn't for me. So in the meantime I became a full time receptionist at the hospital I was going to be a resident at. Not even a month into my new job, my life was flipped upside down, literally.

I have a boyfriend, Ryan, who is an absolute sweetheart around other people but he's an absolute abusive jackass when we're alone. Everyday I went to school with pounds of makeup on my face to cover up what he did to me. I wore long sleeves everyday. We live in LA for fuck sake.

I was stuck. I felt as if I had no way out of this. I was starting to believe i was going to live the rest of my life hiding myself from the outside world. Living in absolute hell every goddamn day. That was until everything changed. And I mean everything.

Three hours earlier...

I pulled into my driveway dreading what was gonna happen when i walked through that front door. I turned off my car and got my things, preparing myself for what's to come.

"Hey baby," I heard as soon as i kicked off my shoes "I missed you so much"

As shocked as I was to hear him talk to me like i'm a human being, I decided to go with it. Maybe this is the beginning of a new chapter for us. A new loving chapter.

"Hey babe," I smiled as he embraced me in a tight hug. I silently winced at the pain of him squeezing my bruises he gave me the night before. "What's got you in such a giddy mood?"

"I'm always like this, what do you mean?" he smiled

"Nothing Ry, what do you want for dinner?"

I'm usually home earlier that I was today. Work kicked my ass, there was a really bad accident at a wedding at around noon and I didn't have a second to spare.

"I was actually thinking we could go on a date today," he said running his fingers through his hair. "The state fair is only a couple of miles away from us"

"Um, i'm actually pretty tired tonight, we had a busy day at the hospital." I immediately regretting saying that. I saw the look in his eyes change to anger.

He slapped me as hard as he could. I could feel my cheek turning red from the impact.

"We're going on a date in ten minutes." he said as he walked to our bedroom. "Be ready."

I hurried behind him so that I could grab a change of clothes. I caught my reflection in the bathroom mirror. My bruises are starting to show through the foundation on my face.

"You should fix that." Ryan said to me through gritted teeth.

"I am babe" I said, avoiding eye contact and trying to keep in my tears

I decided to change in the living room, to avoid talking to him any longer than I need to. I change into a nice outfit, his favorite outfit of mine.

Once I got changed I started to cover my bruises and the newly rosy cheek I have now

Once I got changed I started to cover my bruises and the newly rosy cheek I have now. It took me about 30 minutes to fully cover the redness with my shitty coverage foundation, but it worked out in the end.

Of course, the bruises on my arms were still visible. I can come up with a dumb excuse for that if I really have to. No one really asks about them, even if I can clearly see them staring at me. It's kind of sad that there are so many people who are obviously being abused, yet no one does shit about it.

"Let's go," Ryan says as he harshly grabs my wrist without even letting me reply. I can already feel his nails digging into my skin.

"You're hurting me" I said, trying to yank my arm out of his grasp.

"Stop wining" he rolled his eyes as he pushed me to the car, him walking to the drivers side.

The ride there was only about half an hour, but I decided to try to get a little bit of sleep in considering we'll probably get stuck in traffic anyways.

"Care if I take a little nap?" I asked, scared for his response.

"Sure, go ahead." he said without looking at me. I saw him grin as he watched the road. That's not reassuring at all.

two hours later...

"Finny, Finny wake up," My eyes fluttered open to see none other than Ryan. "we're here"

He grabbed my hand to help me out of my car, I stumbled a bit since I just woke up and my vision is a bit blurry from my nap.

"So," I started, grabbing his hand so he would slow down a bit. "what are we gonna do first?"

"I was thinking we should go on the rollercoaster first." he smirked knowing I hate rollercoasters with a burning passion.

"Please Ry, I really don't want to ride that." Tears welling up in my eyes, I know he's going to make me ride it, no matter what I try to say.

"I don't care what you want." He grabbed my hand to pull me toward the line.

I knew I had a good reason not to trust janky looking rides.

Hi! I'm Elise! I am SO excited for this story to go on!
This show is one of my favorites lately and there aren't many fanfictions revolving around it out there so i decided to write one! Hopefully i won't give up on it too soon lol...

Finola (Finny) is played by Meaghan Rath!! She is one of my favorite actresses ever. I first found her on a recreation of being human and then she got casted into Hawaii Five 0 (my all time favorite crime show, i swear!) And i really thought she fit the character of Finola in my head for some reason.

 ^Finola (btw it's pronounced finn-oh-luh)Anyways, i hope you enjoy reading this as much as i enjoy writing it

Anyways, i hope you enjoy reading this as much as i enjoy writing it.

Have a good day :)
💛💛