Safety

November 26th, 2019
E D D I E

I was grouped with Chim and someone from another station. We're were on top of a building looking for any survivors in the water. It wasn't looking so good, I see almost no one.

"Look!" Nathan, from 143, pointed to a small rooftop. I saw what looked like two women with a toddler and a baby.

"Okay, let's head over there. But be on the lookout for fallen power lines. The city's power is cut off but there could be a small shock to the water." Chim said as he lead the way.

As we got closer one of the women noticed us, the one with the baby. She tried to stand but her leg gave out. "Finn, there's firefighters!"

"Finn? Oh my god Chim!" I exclaimed walking faster from building to building. I eventually got into full sprint, at least as fast as I could get under these circumstances.

"Eddie! Chim!" She let go of Braxton and stood up. She had a shirt wrapped around her arm, Braxton had something wrapped around his head, and the other woman had part of her jeans wrapped around her shin, and the baby looked perfectly fine.

I made it over to her and she pulled me into the biggest hug. "I've never been so happy to see you Eddie, Jesus fuck."

I wrapped my arms around her and squeezed her a bit, to comfort her. I let go and immediately went to Braxton. "Hey buddy, are you okay?"

Chim came over to us with his medical kit and unwrapped his head to see what was under it.

"You're one tough kid, y'know?" He told Braxton, giving him a fist bump. He cleaned the wound, which had already stopped bleeding luckily, then put a big bandage over it and wrapped it with gauze.

"Cap, we found Finola and Braxton, and two other people. A woman and her baby. Minor injuries."

Once we got everyone fixed up enough to walk them to the truck, we made our way over. Cap responded that they found 5 more survivors a little further away from the pier, and that they were heading back to the crisis center. It's been about 5 hours and most of the firefighters in LA have been looking for survivors, so there isn't much else we can do until the water fully recedes back into the ocean. After that we have to find the unlucky ones.

B U C K

"Cap I found someone!" I yelled toward Bobby. I walk over to find a small child by himself, he seemed fine but really scared. "Hey, are you okay?"

"I'm okay, I can't find my dad." He said with a frown. "He's taller than me, he has blonde hair."

Little does he know, he just described most of the male population.

"We'll find him, let's get you to the safe place to get you checked out and he might be there." I picked him up and carried him to the crisis center which wasn't too far away. "What's his name?"

"Dad." I accidentally let out a laugh. "But his friends call him Jonathon, my last name is Brooke"

I walk over to the list of names of people who were admitted, and see a Jonathon Brooke. I walk to one of the volunteers and ask if they know where he is.

"Yeah, he's over in tent four, he wasn't too badly hurt." She said looking over my shoulder "Is that his son? He's been looking for him."

"Yeah, it is." I smiled as I walked over to the little boy who I learned was named Luke. "Cmon Luke I'm gonna take you to your dad."

We walked over to the tent he was under and Luke ran straight to a tall Blonde man who I was assuming was his dad.

"Luke!" Jonathon got up from his bed and picked Luke up and hugged him tight. "Thank you so much, oh my god than you." He then pulled me into a hug, which I gave back.

"It's not a problem," I smiled "I'm glad you're both okay."

I say my goodbyes and walk back over to my team and hear a sentence I never expected to hear coming from a walkie talkie (is that even what they're called lmao)

"Cap, we found Finola and Braxton."

Bobby looked over to me and waved me over, he responded. "Copy that, we're over by check in tent, Buck is here too"

I didn't even know that they were at the pier today, I thought they were just gonna watch movies at home. I just hope they're both okay.

I looked over toward one of the ambulances and saw Eddie walking over with Braxton in his arms, Finn and a woman with a baby walking behind him. As soon as I made eye contact with Finn I sprinted toward her and pulled her into a hug.

"Be careful with her arm." Chim said, pointed a finger at me.

"I'm so sorry, Evan." She cried into my shoulder. Sorry?

"Baby, why are you sorry?" I asked confused.

"I didn't tell you I was coming to the pier today, I should have." She said looking scared. Her ex never let her go anywhere without his permission so she sometimes has moments like these when I have to remind her that I'm nothing like him.

"Don't apologize, you're a responsible adult. You don't have to ask me for permission to go places." I put my hand on her cheek and kissed her. I looked over at Braxton and he reached out for me, so I took him from Eddie's arms and held him tight, kissing him on the forehead.

"Hey buddy, you okay?" I asked him, hoisting him up to help me hold him better. He's almost getting too big to hold him, he's ten years old but he's pretty small for his age.

"I am now."

hey guys! I'm trying to update pretty often so sorry if the story is a little weird. I'm really trying!

Thanks for getting me to #1 in #9-1-1 and #evanbuckley!! I never imagined this story getting any views so this is all so crazy to me!

Also, please don't forget to vote! Sorry if that comes off super annoying but votes help my story get recommended to more people, and the more people who read my book, the more motivation I have to make it the best possible :)

Love y'all! Love yourselves, and stay safe💛💛
Also wash ur hands real good I don't want any of you getting the corona virus

-Elise