epilogue

The epilogue will be set BEFORE the wedding, keep that in mind bc it might get confusing.

December 21st, 2020

F I N O L A

My period is late and I've never been more scared in my life. Well...maybe I have but this is such a scary thing for me. Of course I'm already a mom, but I've never given birth and the thought of that is terrifying.

I'm also scared of raising a baby, I don't know how the hell we're gonna do this. Especially with both of us working all the time.

"Hey, calm down." Hen said, putting her hand on my knee to stop it from shaking. "You're already such an amazing mom, this is going to be so good for you."

I'm at Hen and Karen's house, the boys are in the backyard while Hen, Karen, and I are sitting in the bathroom waiting for this test to process.

"I'm just scared." I muttered. "Not sure why though"

"You have a good reason to be scared," Karen said. "But we all know you'll do amazing."

I look up and smile, "Thank you."

We sat in silence for a few more minutes when the alarm on my phone scared me half to death.

"Jesus." I put my hand on my chest, that was so damn loud...

I slowly stand from the edge of the tub, and walk over to the counter. I pick up the test, but don't look since I'm too scared to.

"Well?" Hen motioned for me to look at it.

I looked down at the test and saw it. Pregnant.

I covered my mouth with my hand, and looked up with tears in my eyes. "I'm pregnant."

They both jumped up from where they were sitting and pulled me into a hug.

"Congratulations girl," Karen said, rubbing my back to comfort me. "I'm so excited for you."

"Thank you." I wiped tears from my cheeks, not knowing what else to say.

I feel so bad for doing this at their house. They've been trying to get pregnant for a couple of years now, and I wasn't even trying and now here we are.

I can tell they're both hurting, but they're trying to hide that from me.

"When are you gonna tell him?" Hen said, changing the tone of the room.

"I was thinking Christmas Eve," I said. "I just hope I can keep it a secret until then."

...

December 24th, 2020

I've been beyond nervous all morning, and I've been the only one awake for two hours. I woke up bright and early at 6:30 because I was so nauseous.

Right now I'm in the kitchen making breakfast for the three of us, but my hands are shaking so it's getting kinda difficult.

"Good morning babe" Buck came up behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist, kissing me on the cheek.

I turn my head a little bit and kiss him on the lips at the last minute, and I could feel him smiling into the kiss.

"Good morning." I pulled back and smiled. I finish up breakfast while Buck sets the table, and I go to Braxtons room to wake him up.

I peak in his room and see that he's already awake. He's sitting on his bed, reading a book that he begged me to get for him the other day.

"C'mon buddy, breakfast is ready." I say, scaring him by accident. "Did I scare you?"

"Nope." He smiled, his dimples showing in his cheeks.

I know I scared him, he nearly fell to the floor, but I'm not gonna tell him I saw that. Wouldn't wanna hurt his little ego.

We got to the table when I noticed that Braxton brought his IPod to the table, which he knows I hate.

"Brax," I looked at him sternly. "No iPod at the table, you know this."

He seemed jumpy today, since he shot his head up and looked at me then over to Buck.

"Dad said I could have it today," he said. "Right, dad?"

I look over at Buck with an annoyed look, and wait for his response.

"Yeah just this once though, we promise."

I sigh in frustration, and carry one with fixing my plate.

I'm gonna tell them both that I'm pregnant when I sit back down, because this will probably be the only time we aren't busy today. I reach for the test from my cardigan pocket, and turn around to walk back to the table.

Except I didn't get far because Buck was already in front of me, on one knee.

B U C K

"Hey kiddo, remember the plan?" I asked Braxton, walking toward his bed while Finn is in the bathroom.

"Yep," he jumped up. "I'm so excited."

I smiled at him, at my son. This kid deserves the world, and I plan on giving him that.

I ran back into the kitchen when I heard the bathroom door open, and finished setting the table.

"I'm gonna go get Braxton." She said, before going back down to hallway.

I checked my pocket to make sure I had the ring, and sat down at the table.

I looked up when the two of them came into the room, feeling myself getting more and more nervous.

They were arguing about Braxton having his IPod at the table, and I was praying that she wouldn't take it from him.

I explained that I let him have it just for today, and she eventually let it go. Finn walked over to finish fixing her plate, and I quietly walked behind her so she wouldn't hear me.

I got down on one knee, and looked over to make sure Braxton was recording for me.

Finally she turned back to walk to the table, and stopped in her tracks. Tears began forming in both of our eyes, and she put her hand over her mouth.

"Finn, I know this isn't romantic at all but," I opened the box to reveal the ring I picked out. "Will you marry me?"

"Yes, oh my god yes." I slipped the ring onto her finger, and pulled her into a hug.

I felt her wiggling her hand into her pocket, so I pulled away.

"I actually had something to tell you," she said, looking over at Braxton. "Both of you."

Before I could say anything she pulled a pregnancy test out of her pocket, showing it to me. "I'm pregnant."

We're pregnant. We're starting a family. Braxton is gonna be a big brother.

Braxton ran over to us, joining us in our hug.

"This is all very exciting," he started. "But I accidentally recorded my own face that whole time."

We all burst into laughter, of course that happened.

But I don't care about that at all. All I care about is our family.

The endddd!!!! I really hope you all enjoyed this book, I had a lot of fun writing it (even though it took me forever) and I can't wait to hear what you guys think!

Please don't forget to vote, share, and comment!

Stay safe, love yourself, and treat people with kindness💛

El:)