trial

February 15th, 2020
F I N O L A
One month later

"Babe, are you sure you wanna do this?" Buck asked me for what seemed like the hundredth time.

It was the day of Ryan's trial, and I was going to testify as a witness. I know this may sound weird, but I've been waiting to put him behind bars for the longest time. I guess it doesn't sound that weird, since he was the definition of a piece of shit. To me and everyone around him.

"Yes, I need to." I assured him.

"He already pled guilty, he's going to jail for life regardless." He told me. Obviously I knew that, but he seems to not want me to testify.

"I want to make him feel guilty for what he put me through," I said to him "why are you acting like this?"

"I just don't want you getting hurt." He said defensively.

"Evan, he isn't going to hurt me no matter how hard he tries. He's gonna be in handcuffs and behind bars for the rest of his life. He put me through hell for 6 years, I want to see him go through the same."

He pulled me into a tight hug, and plants a kiss on my lips. "Okay, we should get going then."

We make our way to his Jeep in my driveway, hand in hand. We took Braxton to hang out with Christopher at Eddies mom's house for the day, since Eddie was going to the trial with us.

Buck opened my door from me, then walked around to his own door after I locked him out. This is a thing we always do just to get on each others nerves, he always gets the most annoyed by it.

"Finn I swear." He laughed, his eyes crinkling in the corner. "We have to go or we'll be late."

I finally obliged after about 5 minutes of torturing him, and taking a bunch of pictures of him.

We stopped by to pick up Eddie, and the 45 minute drive to the court house was the most anxious I have ever been. Obviously I'm stoked that the son of a bitch is going to jail, but a small part of me is afraid that he'll try to send his little minions after me. Somehow.

We finally made it to the courthouse and I could already feel the tears coming. I squeezed Evans hand, and we walked inside.

In the court room was about 25 people, including a jury.

~I'm skipping to her testimony bc idk what court is like lmao~

"Can Finola Davidson please come up to the witness stand." the judge finally announced.

I looked at Buck and wiped my eyes, giving him a kiss on the cheek before walking to the front. The whole room was silent. I could feel Ryan's stare burning into the back of my head.

I shakily pull out my chair, and sit down and take in the room full of people. What if they judge me? What if they think I'm a coward for staying in such an abusive relationship?

"Miss Davidson?" The judge snapped me out of my thoughts. "Can Mr. Smith's attorney ask you a few questions?"

"Um, yeah." I say, playing with my bracelet under the table.

"Miss Davidson, why is it that you stayed in a relationship with my client for so long? If he was really abusive?" He asked me, knowing exactly how to get under my skin.

"Objection!" My lawyer shouted from his table. "There is no reason to accuse the witness of lying."

"Overruled." The judge stated. "The witness can answer this question."

"I stayed in the relationship because I loved him. I loved him because, even with the abuse, I felt that he was all I had. I would never wish this on anyone." I said, all in one breath. I could see the sympathy in everyone's eyes, and the pride in Ryan's.

"Can Miss Davidson's lawyer come up to the stand, with evidence of the abuse."

I'm not sure what this has to do with the case, but my lawyer told me that having as much evidence against Ryan adds time to his sentence. And that son of a bitch deserved to rot behind bars.

"Yes your honor," my lawyer walks up to the stand with a folder with the two pictures that I provided him. They were a few months after the abuse started, photos that I sent to my best friend who didn't believe me.

TW BRUISES AND ABUSE

They passed the photos around the jury, some of them taking notes as they look at the photos

"The Jury will assess this evidence for further sentencing. We will have a 10 minute recess and then come back to discuss the current case."

I got up from the stand as everyone was walking out into the lobby, and rushed straight over to Evan who had tears in his eyes.

"It's almost over baby," he kissed my forehead. "I'm so proud of you."

Hey guys! Sorry for the very long awaited update. Due to the current events in my country, updates will be very spread out. If you would like to have links for any donation sites, articles, or ways to help please DM me and I will provide those to you.

#BLACKLIVESMATTER
Stay safe, love yourselves, and be nice to others 💛
El