lucky

November 25th, 2019
F I N O L A

"You look beautiful, Fin." Athena said to me as I looked in the mirror in the fitting room. "Buck is lucky to have you."

We decided to just mess around and try on some fancy dresses at a store in the mall. I'm currently wearing a pale yellow floor length dress that's off the shoulder. It almost looks like Belle's dress honestly. It really complements my tanned skin, plus the bruises finally faded enough to where they're barely noticeable. I can finally feel pretty again. Like a normal woman.

"I think you should get it." Hen said

"There's literally no reason for me to have such a nice dress," I say as I look at the price tag. "And it's way too expensive"

"I guess your right," Hen sighed. "We are getting you a dress today though."

I laughed and walked back into my fitting room to change back into my outfit.

"Weren't you supposed to work today? I think I remember you telling me that." Athena asked.

"Oh shit," I said, remembering that I was supposed to work at 4 today. "I have to work tonight at four ."

"Oh we'll be done by then I'm sure."

"Anyways," Hen said. "It's almost 1 and school lets out at 2:30 so we better try to beat the traffic."

We all head out to Athena's car and start driving to the school to pick up Braxton.

Later that day

Buck has been at the house for about an hour, and it's almost time for me to leave for work.

"Are you sure you're okay with staying with Braxton until 10? I can call in." I ask Buck for the billionth time.

"Yes,  I am 100% fine with staying with him," he smiled looking at Braxton. "We're best buddies aren't we, B?"

"Yeah Bucky." Braxton says as he fist bumps Buck, something that he just recently learned to do.

"Okay," I walk over to them and give them both big hugs "I love you both, and I'll see you tonight."

"Love you too" Buck leans to kiss me.

"Love you momma," Brax reaches a fist out for a fist bump. I had to do it back or he would never forgive me, Bobby learned that the hard way. Braxton hasn't talked to him the past three times we've seen him.

I walk out to my car and head to a long, long day of work.

Two hours later

It's only six o'Clock and it feels like I've been here for hours. We've been dead the whole time I've been here, I think there's only been a couple of customers who walked in and out without even buying anything.

I guess I'll just have to wait out the rest of my night...

E V A N B U C K L E Y

Braxton has made me watch the same episode of adventure time for what seems like the hundredth time. He refuses to let me watch the next one.

"Buddy, what are we watching this so many times for?" I asked him as I pulled the blanket back over us.

"I want to be like Jake." He said in complete seriousness.

"What?" I laughed "He's just a dog."

He gasped and pushed himself away from me, "Jake is not just a dog," he exclaimed "he's a hero"

"Oh," I said not knowing what else to say. "I'm sorry I didn't know."

"Its okay, " he said as he scooted back to me. "Can we cook a pizza?"

"Yeah let me go see what's in the freezer."

I walked over to the freezer and looked inside for pizza. Luckily there was one more cheese pizza, the only pizza that he doesn't refuse to eat.

I preheat the oven and wait for it to beep to put it in to cook.

A/N Ok let's just pretend the pizza is already cooked I don't wanna write that in lmao

We sit on the couch eating pizza and, of course, watching the same episode of adventure time. Braxton sits his plate on the coffee table and leans into my side. Almost instantly I could hear soft snores coming from him. I move around to get comfortable, and so that he doesn't wake up with a sore neck, so we can both just sleep on the couch tonight.

F I N O L A

I got home at around 10:45 to see my boys sleeping together on the couch. It as really adorable. I guess the sound of me closing the front door woke up Braxton because the next think I knew he was yelling for me and jumped on from under Bucks arm.

"Bud you're gonna wake him up." And I spoke too soon "I guess he's awake now."

I pick up Braxton and take him to brush his teeth and then take him to his room.

"Goodnight Brax." I said and before I knew it, he was back asleep.

"Hey babe," Buck said from the doorway. "I'm gonna head home alright?"

"You can stay here if you want, it's late and you have work tomorrow." I told him as I turned off Braxton's lamp and followed him out of the room.

"If you say so." He smiles cheekily, he knew I was gonna let him stay so I don't know why he even tried leaving "I'll take the couch."

"Buck you can sleep in my bed silly." I smiled grabbing his hand and dragging us towards my room.

We both crawled into bed and as I was falling asleep I heard Buck mumble something quietly.

"Please never leave me."

OKAY so I really feel like this book is starting to suck bc I think I need to add more Buck POV but idfk. Anyone wanna let me know? Give me some ideas on what should happen? I'm not the best writer, especially since all my books have ended at like 7 or 8 chapters lol. Love y'all, stay safe, love urself. See ya💛💛