family

January 15th, 2020
B U C K

We were all sitting in silence, unsure of what we should say. No one is ever prepared to have a conversation in a hospital waiting room, with someone you love behind the closed doors. It's been two hours. Two hours since we were told that Finn would have to have surgery, with a 50 percent survival rate. It's been two hours since I fell to the floor, started crying like a fucking baby. I, however, couldn't care less what other people thought of a grown-ass man crying on the floor. The news broke me. Knowing that there's a 50 percent chance that I'll never get to kiss the love of my life again. I'll never get to eat pop tarts at 4 am with her again. I'll never get to pretend to watch the lego movie with Braxton with her again, and I don't think I can handle doing that alone. I've never believed in any god, but right now I'm praying to every single one of them.

"Family of Finola Davidson?" a doctor came out of what seemed like nowhere.

The doctor looked stunned when all of us stood up, but I ran toward him so I could get the news I've been praying for.

"Finola is okay, she is in recovery right now," I let out the deep breath I didn't know I was holding. "She can have visitors, but only one person at a time please."

I turned around with the biggest smile on my face, so big it hurts.

a/n OOP that's what she said

"What are you just standing there for? Go see her, you dork." Maddie laughed, with a smile on her face as well.

I ran as fast I could to the doors that led to the hallway, not even caring that the doctor still hasn't told me what room she's in.

"She's in room 118." the doctor yelled my way.

118? What a coincidence.

Right before I got the door, I tripped over my own feet and fell on my face. I could hear everyone laughing behind me but I didn't care, I was gonna see my beautiful fucking girlfriend.

F I N O L A

I woke up in an unfamiliar room, IVs in both of my arms and way too many pillows under my head. Who decided this was necessary? Lost in my own thoughts, I didn't notice the doctor walk in.

"Ms. Davidson?" The doctor walked over to me. "If you're ready to have some visitors, I can go tell your family."

Family. That word sounds so foreign to me, but he's right. They are my family.

"Please," I said back to him. "I need something to look at other than these white walls."

He laughed and walked away toward the waiting room. A few minutes had passed, and then I heard running down the hallway. That must be Buck.

And I was right, Buck runs into my room with a bloody nose?

"Uh," I said concerned. "why is your nose bleeding?"

He reached up to see what I was talking about and looked at his finger which was, in fact, covered in blood.

"I tripped when I was running to your room," he said sheepishly as he grabbed a tissue to wipe the blood. "I needed to see you."

"Dumbass," I said, trying to contain my laughter.

"But I'm your dumbass." he came over to me and cupped my face in his hands and kissed me.

"Yeah, you are," I laughed again. "You're also pulling on my IV."

He looked down and got up in a panic. "I'm sorry, are you okay? Did I hurt you?"

"No, I'm okay baby." I grabbed the collar of his shirt and pulled him back into the kiss.

My nurse ran in, because my heart rate was picking up.

"Oh I'm sorry." she apologized, looking embarrassed. "You're heart rate is up."

"It's because she wants to have sex with me," Buck said, so I flicked him in the ear. "Ow!"

"Why don't you two save that for when you get to go home." she laughed awkwardly. "Which should be sometime tomorrow afternoon."

"Hell yeah." Buck looked at me, and wiggled his eyebrows.

I just gave him the 'are you serious' look, a look that I seem to give him quite often. He finally shut up after the nurse left the room.

After a few minutes of us just talking, there was a small knock on the door. It was Hen and Braxton, with a bunch of balloons.

"He wanted to come to see you," Hen explained, "the doctor said he could come back here."

"I'm so glad that you're okay." Hen gave me a quick hug, then walked back to the others.

Braxton walked over to me, and I tried my best to give him a big hug without him getting caught in any of the IVs in my arms.

"I'm glad you're okay Momma." He let go of me, to sit next to Buck on the couch next to my bed.

"Me too buddy," I sighed, leaning back on my mountain of pillows. "Me too."

This is my family.

ayooo
I'm hella gay but I would love to kiss Buck lmaoo. I hope everyone is doing well! Wash ur hands!!
I hope you liked this chapter, don't forget to comment and vote!
Love yourself, be nice to others, and stay safe.💛
El:)