falling

Major trigger warning: Talks of blood, graphic accident description

__________

__________

June 13th 2019
F i n o l a

I had to pretend to be okay with going on this ride. I had no choice. If I refused, Ryan would hurt me when I got home. But let's face it, he's gonna hurt me nonetheless.

The adrenaline is getting to me. Ryan is as excited as he can be, while I'm over here shaking in fear and near panic attack. I hate rollercoasters so damn much.

"We want a seat in the front," Ryan told the worker at the gate of the ride.

"Whatever," the teenage girl popped her gum as she rolled her eyes. "You guys can get on now."

I could see the rage in Ryan's eyes as he clenched his jaw. He wanted to hit her.

"Ry come on," I grabbed his hand in fear of him hurting anyone.

We got in our seat and the girl came and fastened our seat belts. The rollercoaster has a part that goes upside down so there's a vest type thing that goes over your shoulders and clips.

She pushed mine down and I heard a click, but when she pushed Ryan's there was no click.

"Isn't that supposed to click like hers did?" Ryan asked, a little worried.

"Every seat is different," she said as she moved to the next rider.

Ryan just shrugged it off. There was fear in me, I felt like I was going to throw up. I'm not going to though. I don't wanna disappoint him.

"Okay everyone, enjoy the ride!" The ride operator said with fake enthusiasm.

The coaster started moving, slowly but surely. I could hear the rails clicking every few seconds, the last time I was on a rollercoaster was when I was ten so I didn't think anything of it. I squeezed my eyes shut as we went up the big hill. I felt Ryan take hold of my hand and squeeze it.

"It'll be okay," he said, "we can get cotton candy after this."

"Yeah if we live." I laugh.

Before he could reply we go down the biggest hill of the coaster. This hill then brought us up to the first loop where we go upside down.

The next thing I know is I feel Ryan's hand slip out of mine, and people from down below screaming. They were screaming so loud. I looked over and Ryan was gone. I panicked.

"Ryan? Oh my god, Ryan" the ride came to a sudden stop, everyone still hanging upside down. I looked down and saw Ryan. He was laying on the concrete in a huge puddle of blood.

I could feel tears stream down my cheeks.

"Oh my god," I sobbed "GET ME THE FUCK OUT OF HERE. Oh my god," I started shaking. A panic attack.

I can't breathe. My vision is blurry and my heart feels like it's beating a thousand beats a second. Struggling to breathe I tried to turn around to see the people behind me. I could see a little kid riding by himself.

I try to regain my composure.

"Hey buddy, are you okay?" I said loudly so he could hear me. I couldn't see him but I could hear him sniffling.

"Yeah," he cried "I'm scared. My mommy is down there."

"Down where sweetie?" I asked, scared for his response.

"Down there with the boy who was by you."

I looked down again and there she was. About 10 feet away from Ryan. She was surely dead.

"Don't look down there okay? Talk to me okay bud?" I say trying my best to keep his attention away from her.

"Okay." He said before he started crying.

"Please don't cry," I said with tears down my face. "Hey let's talk about something, to keep your mind off things."

"Like what?" he asked me.

"Um," I started trying to think about something a little kid would even care about "Let's start by introducing ourselves?" I suggested

"I'm Braxton," he said "I'm 10"

"Hey Braxton," I smiled even though he can't see my
face. "I'm Finny, I'm 27"

"You're old." He giggled

"I am not" I gasped "You're old"

He started giggling uncontrollably. I smiled knowing I'm probably helping a little bit.

"Help is on the way!" I heard a man say from below us. I could hear sirens in the distance.

"Do you have any pets?" Braxton asked.

"I don't, unfortunately," I said. Ryan never let me have any pets "Do you?"

"I have three dogs and a lizard"

"Dang kid, that's a lot," I said in fake disbelief "how do you feed them all? You have a job?"

"No silly, I'm not old enough to have a job" He giggled.

"Oh yeah, I forgot," I laughed "maybe after we get off of this roller coaster you can introduce me to them?"

"That sounds good." he said "I can't wait to get off of here. I can't feel my feet."

That worried me. "Can you try to wiggle your toes? You need to wake them up."

I know it's because of all the blood rushing to his head, and he'll most likely gain feeling back in his toes.

"LAFD, we're gonna help you all out."

A man came to me first getting a harness ready.

"No, help the little boy first," I said, "he says he can't feel his feet."

"Ma'am your face is bruised and bleeding, you need to get medical attention right now," The older looking man said.

"These aren't from the coaster, please just help him," I said without thinking. His eyes got big for a second.

"Buck, help her out please," the man said "I'll get the boy"

"Thank you," I said

"Aye, aye Cap," the younger looking man said. He climbed his way over to me with his harness. "I'm Buck, and you are?"

"I'm Finola," I said flatly.

"Nice to meet you Finola," he winked "I'm gonna get you out of here."

💛💛

💛💛