04. PREPARATIONS

BENEFITS — CHAPTER FOUR!

AFTER BEING ON THE TRAIN FOR 40 minutes it was now four O'clock and that meant Peter now had about 6 hours until [Y/N] would arrive. He did his best to mask his ever-growing anxiety.

After he got off the train he walked straight past Mr Delmars shop without even looking at it. There was no way he was going to make this purchase there. Instead, he went straight towards the dingey corner store that got robbed at least once a week. He'd never been inside before for obvious reasons but he'd rather get mugged in there than buy condoms off Mr Delmar.

He walked in with his head down and went toward the shelf that had deodorant, razors, toothpaste and condoms. He didn't make eye contact with the smirking shopkeeper as he paid for his purchase. "That'll be $11.99."

Peter nodded awkwardly as he slid his $20 bill across the counter. The clerk sure took his time counting Peters change.

After he left the shop, he vowed to buy condoms online from now on, rather than going through that again.

He shoved the box in the bottom of his bag before anyone could see them and quickly made his way home. He checked his watch as the elevator went up; 5 pm, 5 hours left.

"Seventh floor," The doors opened and Peter stepped out. He tried to ignore the fact that his leg was trembling or that his heart was pounding a million miles an hour.

"Hey, Peter!" May said to Peter as he walked into the apartment. She was sitting on the couch with her feet propped up as she pained them. "How was your day?"

"Hi, May — it was good." Peter smiled at his aunt as she accidentally spilt some nail polish outside her nail.

"You can take care of yourself tonight, right?" May asked him as she attempted to clean the stray nail polish away.

Peter rolled his eyes at her question, "I'm sixteen, not six." He retorted, throwing his bag on the kitchen floor and opening the fridge.

"No drugs, alcohol or sex," May continued, not looking up from her toes.

Peter gulped, "Yeah of course!" He could definitely manage to not do three of those things. He scooped an able out of the fridge.

"Good boy now let me finish getting ready," She looked up at him and smiled, "God, your parents would be so proud as to how well you've turned out."

He gave her his best attempt at a smile. Peter felt really bad for lying to his aunt, he never lied to her about anything. Slowly, he crept into his bedroom.

—•—

[Y/N] stared at herself in the mirror, all she had on was her undergarments. She was internally debating on how much of herself she had to shave, she eventually decided on everywhere. It took her ages to finish shaving and she was proud of herself for only cutting her self once, just above her knee.

After she'd shaved, she then had to figure what the hell she was going to wear. What does one wear when they are hooking up with their best friend?

She looked at her underwear and realised she should try and find something sexy, even if it was just Peter she still wanted to look good. Unfortunately, she didn't own anything too racy so she settled for a matching set of plain black underwear and bra.

She went through her whole closet until she found a tight black dress that came up to her mid thigh and some black heels. After that, she straightened her messy [Y/H/C] hair and applied some very basic natural makeup.

She looked in the mirror and was quite happy with her appearance, she looked at the clock on her wall 9:12 pm. She'd better get a move on, New York Traffic wasn't great. [Y/N] grabbed her keys off of her vanity, a framed photo of her and Peter caught her attention. It was a photo from a field trip in fifth grade. Peters arm was slung around her should and they both had big toothy grins. She smiled at the photo before heading to the door.

She was just about to leave the house — her parents were out so they wouldn't notice but her twin sister was home.

"Going somewhere, [Y/N]?" Her sister, Willow asked. You both looked almost identical except that every physical flaw [Y/N] had, Willow made it look perfect.

"To Michelle's," [Y/N] lied.

"Dressed like that?" Willow wasn't convinced, that didn't surprise [Y/N] one bit. From a young age, Willow was always determined to find the worst in [Y/N]. And from a young age, Willow had been succeeding.

"Yeah, so?" [Y/N] replied defiantly.

Willow was the head cheerleader and everyone loved her, she was her parents favourite — always had been. "Tell me the truth or I'll call Mommy and Daddy." Willow smirked, she thought that she had got her.

[Y/N] sucked in a deep breath. "I. Am. Going. To. Hang. Out. With. Michelle. Jones!" [Y/N] pushed past her sister and out the door.

—•—

EDITED 09/07/19
vote, comment and share? xx
WORD COUNT: 861