07. PROBLEM

BENEFITS — CHAPTER SEVEN!

PETER LAZILY PICKED AT HIS food whilst Ned, Michelle and [Y/N] bickered over who the real hero was in Harry Potter.

"It's obviously Harry, I mean it's literally his series." Ned argued, his sausage roll temporarily forgotten.

Michelle shot him a glare. "Yeah, but he probably would've died in the first book if it weren't for Hermione." Michelle retorted, there was a slight passive aggressive undertone to her words.

Not to mention the fact that Michelle was holding a plastic spork. She was waving it around as an emphasis to her words. [Y/N], who was sitting next to Michelle, had to keep her guard up incase Michelle accidentally stabbed her — it wouldn't be the first time.

"Does it even matter?" Peter snapped, they'd been arguing all lunch and it was starting to get on his nerves. They all turned to him — shocked. Peter was usually the one who instigated debates like this one.

"What's your problem?" Michelle raised a brow at him. Her eyes scanned the bruise he'd retained from 'running into a pole'. She didn't believe that story. She'd seen Chad drag him out of english.

"Nothing, I'm just tired - didn't get to bed until really late last night." Peter said and he noticed [Y/N] biting her lip as she stared down at her food.

"Are you all coming to Oscorp tomorrow?" Ned changed the subject. Peter sighed, he love to go but he also knew Harry's friends would give him crap.

[Y/N] quickly perked up, "Of course! It'll be so awesome to look inside a real lab. I wonder what they're experimenting on right now." She began rambling excitedly about her dreams to get an internship there and work her way up the ranks.

Peter couldn't help but smile at how cute she was when she got excited. He loved seeing her get excited about stuff like this. No matter how upset he was about Chad and Todd, seeing [Y/N] like this lifted his spirits.

Maybe having sex with her wasn't the best way to erase his feelings for her — it had only amplified them by 100.

The sound of the school bell filled their ears signalling it was time for their final two lessons — double Gym. Peter was just itching to go back in there.

Peter groaned as he followed Ned to the locker rooms. He stared at the floor as Chad, Todd, Harry and Flash passed him. He could practically smell the smirks on their faces.

—•—

"[Y/N], don't forget to remind your friends that we have decathlon practice after school — we need to win nationals this year." Liz Allen told her before sashaying out of the locker room. [Y/N]'s sister, Willow stood at the door waiting for Liz.

[Y/N] rolled her eyes before putting her bag away. She didn't get what all the guys in her school saw in them. Liz was such a control freak when it came to winning nationals, she acted as though their life depended on it. And Willow, well, to put it simply; Willow was a bitch.

[Y/N] took her time waking over to where the students were gathered around Coach Wilson.

"Today we're just going to run some laps and doing some simple exercises." Coach Wilson explained, sounding really bored.

"How are you reading whilst running?" [Y/N]. asked Michelle — who was running next to her with a nose buried in a book. [Y/N] attempted that once but ended up in the infirmary —after only reading one page — with a broken arm.

"Great special awareness." She mumbled before tripping over Flash Thompson who was tying his shoelace.

"Watch it, weirdo" He spat before walking off, not even offering to help her up. That's Flash for you, a total ass-hole.

"Here." [Y/N] said as she extended her hand out and helped Michelle up.

"My book!" She groaned as she tried to un-crease the pages.

"Keep running!" Coach Wilson called from across the gym.

"Come on." [Y/N] said to Michelle and they begin running at their slow pace again.

She looked across the field and saw Peter running slowly beside Ned. He looked as though every step caused him immense pain.

—•—

Michelle was still fuming by the end of gym. "He owes me a new one." Michelle said as they walked to the locker room. She was analysing every page of the book angrily.

"Good luck with that." [Y/N] shrugged.

After changing they made their way to the decathlon room. "You're late." Mr Harrington said as the two girls walked in the room.

"By like two minutes." [Y/N] said, rolling her eyes as she looked up at the clock. Everyone else in the team was already there. Peter and Ned were already sitting at a desk with a bell in front of them.

—•—

EDITED 09/07/19
vote, comment and share? xx
WORD COUNT: 808

p.s. hi guys, i just edited everything that was published and if you've already read this story than i advise at least rereading the last chapter as it significantly different.