06. AFTERMATH

BENEFITS — CHAPTER SIX!

PETER LAID AWAKE THAT NIGHT, thinking of [Y/N] and everything that happened that day. This was not how he expected his Tuesday to go. Images of her naked body clouded his mind.

Eventually, he fell asleep and you guessed it, he dreamt about him and [Y/N] dating for real. The dream felt so real that when he woke up that morning, he couldn't help but feel a pang of disappointment.

That morning he got ready for school as usual and left at his usual time. May was still asleep and probably hung over so he didn't bother waking her up.

—•—

"Morning Peter." Ned said cheerfully as he came up to Peters locker.

"Morning." Peter was a little sleep deprived from last night but was trying his best not to show. He could feel his hair sticking up in odd directions as he hadn't bothered with it that morning.

"How was your night?" Ned asked him nonchalantly as he fiddled with his Hans Solo lego figurine.

"It was uh average," Peter said nervously, trying to divert all his attention to his Alegbra book.

"Okay..." Ned could tell something happened last night but he didn't feel like pestering Peter about it. He had his own issues going on at home, his dad left again and his Mom was a mess. If his Grandma hadn't practically dragged him out of the house then he probably wouldn't have showed up today.

They made there way to home room talking about their usual dorky stuff. Both trying not to think about their real problems.

Peter felt his heart pound when he caught sight of [Y/N] sitting in her usual spot. Her hair was down and it looked so soft. She was wearing an oversized hoodie [readers.You can choose what's on it] and some black skinny jeans, simple but still gorgeous on her.

"Hey Ned, Peter." She smiled brightly at them. "How was your night?"

Ned shrugged.

—•—

[Y/N] and Peter has agreed before she left that they were never to tell anyone about what they did. Not only would they be judged but nobody really needed to know.

It was time for English class and Peter sat in his usual spot in the middle row. He couldn't concentrate on a single word his teacher was saying, especially seeing as [Y/N] was sitting next to him.

She'd been acting as if nothing had happened between them and it was bugging him. She was acting as though nothing had changed but it had, not to quote Taylor Swift but everything had changed.

"Now before the bell rings I'd like to tell you about an exciting opportunity coming up." The teacher says. "Oscorp has invited our class to take a tour of their facility." The room seemed to buzz with excitement as the teacher spoke.

Oscorp huh? Sounds familiar...

"We are going tomorrow so be excited!" She says just as the bell rings.

"Yeah, and I'm trying to convince my Dad to let us look around the classified labs." Harry Osborn boasted, he was talking to a couple of the 'cool' kids near the doorway.

Peter sighed. So that's where he'd heard the name before. He kept his head down as he passed the group, he wasn't in the mood for their crap. Unfortunately, he hasn't mastered the ability to turn invisible yet. "Oh hey, Parker!" Flash Thompson spat.

The groups attention shifted from Harry to Peter. A burley guy called Chad looked at Peter with his trademark devious grin. "Could we chat — in private — for a minute?"

"Actually I need to—"

"It was a rhetorical question, dumbass." Flash snapped, rolling his eyes.

Peter gulped as Chad dragged him by the collar. "Which pavement would you like to eat? The one in the quad or the one near the gym?" Peter remained silent.

Chad tightened his grip on Peter, kicking him in the back. "Answer me." He growler.

"The gym." Peter choked out, wincing in pain as Chad hit him again.

Lucky for Chad, the gym was only a very short walk. Peter winced again as Chad threw him onto the gym floor. Flash Thompson, Harry Osborn and another guy, Todd Phillips stood near the door, keep watch as Chad threw punch after punch.

"I think that's enough, Chad." Todd said, he was just as big as Chad. "I want a go."

And then it was Todd's turn. The only reason they stopped was because the warning bell rang, meaning a class would be in there any moment. Todd grinned at him, his missing tooth becoming visible, "until next time, Penis Parker."

The four boys laughed as Todd dropped the helpless boy. Harry looked over his shoulder at Peter once before he rounded the corner — why did this feel so wrong?

Peter groaned. Just when he thought that they'd forgotten he existed and his bruises were healing. He wiped his cheek and sure enough, there was blood. "Great." He muttered to himself as he lifted himself off the dirty floor.

His whole body throbbed as he limped inside the nearest bathroom.

—•—

Peter slung his bag over his shoulder as he walked out of his biology room. He tried his best to hide his limp but the constant pain made it hard. He'd tried his best to cover all the marks Chad and Todd had left on him but the bruise on his cheek was impossible to hide.

"Oscorp should be fun!" [Y/N] called out as she rushed over to him.

"Yeah I guess." he shrugged, not really in the mood to talk to her. He stared down at the tiled floor as they walked.

"What's wrong? You've been acting weird all day." She frowned at him, her eyes scanned his face, they widened when he saw the bruise. "Oh my god — Peter, what happened?"

"Ran into a pole." He mumbled, trying not to sound too much like Jayden Smith in The Karate Kid. "I'm fine."

"But—"

"See you at lunch." Peter mumbled, walking off towards her locker.

—•—

EDITED 09/07/19
vote, comment and share? xx
WORD COUNT: 1004

p.s. if something like this is happening to you please tell someone. nobody can help you if you keep it yourself. i promise things will get better and my dm's are always open if you need someone to talk to.