15. FAVOUR

BENEFITS — CHAPTER FIFTEEN!

ONCE HE RETURNED, PETER PARKER was met with a series of questions. 'Where were you?' 'What were you doing in Germany?' 'Did you see the Avengers?' and many more. Peter could not answer any of those questions truthfully.

So, he told them the lie he'd been practicing since he got on the plane to Germany. He told them that his application to Tony Stark's September Foundation had been accepted and he went to Germany for an initiation retreat. Tony Stark had liked him so much that he'd offered Peter an internship. Oh, and he did see War Machine fly past him at the airport.

Okay, so ninety nine percent of that was a lie. If you consider fighting Captain America and other Avengers normal practice during initiation retreats. Or holding onto War Machine by a tiny strand of web as he flew you around an airport the same as seeing him fly by. Then yeah, Peter didn't lie.

Tony Stark did say his work was good though that was in an alibi video for his aunt. Peter still counted it though.

"That is literally the coolest thing I've ever seen happen to anyone I know." Ned said as he replayed the video again.

Peter grinned at him, "I know right?"

Michelle squinted at Peters phone, "how do I know this isn't CGI?"

"Uhm because Peter failed the animation course we took last summer," [Y/N] said, giggling slightly at the memory of Peters awful animations.

"Why do you always bring that up?" Peter sighed.

"'Cause it's funny," Ned interjected, defending [Y/N], "I think the Distance Ed teacher will be forever scarred."

"You can say that again," [Y/N] chuckled, high-fiving Ned.

Peter rolled his eyes. "Come on, let's get to class."

Today was their last day of Freshman year before summer. Everyone was buzzing with excitement. "Only 76%." Peters english teacher sighed as she placed it on his desk, "I'm disappointed."

Peter frowned at his paper. This was probably the lowest grade he'd gotten all year. It made him worry about his grades in other subjects. Perhaps focusing majority of his time and attention on being Spider-Man wasn't the smartest idea.

"What'd you get?" [Y/N] asked, turning around in her seat to face him. Her test paper showed a nice 92%.

"76%." Peter sighed, sliding the paper towards her.

[Y/N] frowned. "That's still a pass though, don't be so hard on yourself." She bit her lip, the Dora The Explorer chip practically burned in her back pocket. "Hey... Can we uh talk? After school? I gotta ask you a favour..."

Peter nodded. "Uh, yeah sure."

"Cool."

—•—

"I hope you all have a great summer," Mr Harrington said, waving to the students as the filled out of the room.

"You too," Liz Allen replied on behalf of the class. "Try not to miss us too much."

Mr Harrington sighed, "missing people is my specialty, just ask Tabitha."

Liz coughed awkwardly. "Oh... okay."

[Y/N] tried her best not to laugh at this exchange. "So, you wanted to talk to me about something?" She heard a familiar voice ask from behind.

[Y/N] felt her stomach gurgle as butterflies began fluttering around like maniacs. She took in a deep breath before turning to face the brown haired boy with a smile.

"Yeah, I did." She said as they walked down the hall for the last time as ninth graders. "Here."

She held out her hand. Peter looked at it quizzically, he instantly recognised the purple chip. Slowly, he took it from her and examined it. "I totally forgot about this..." He said, chuckling at the memory.

[Y/N] scratched the back of her neck and tried to force out a laugh. "So did I."

Peter looked up and met her eyes, "so, you wanted to talk about Dora The Explorer?"

[Y/N] shook her head, "no but Dora gave me the courage. You remember this chips significance, right?"

He nodded, a fond smile on his lips. "Of course. How could I forget. This very chip is the reason I broke my arm for the first time."

[Y/N] blushed at the memory. "I still feel terrible about that."

Peter shrugged. "Why? I lived."

"Yeah, you did."

"Anyways, what do you want out of me?"

—•—

WRITTEN 10/07/19
vote, comment and share? xx
WORD COUNT: 717

p.s. and that's a wrap on act one. do not freight because act two will probably be written by the time i publish this. finishing act one feels so great because i have a bad habit of not finishing books so being 1/3 of the way through feels awesome.

what do you guys think your favour will be?

also, i'm considering creating an OC to replace [y/n] but i'm not sure yet. what do you guys think?