11. CHANGES

BENEFITS — CHAPTER ELEVEN!

PETER PARKER DID NOT SHOW up to school on Friday. This made [Y/N] worry. "Have you heard from Peter today?" She asked Ned as they walked out of their first lesson, English.

Ned shook his head, "he didn't even send his streaks on Snapchat. We have almost a 600 day one so I swear to god if he looses it—"

[Y/N] sighed. Where the hell was Peter? "Why? Is something wrong?" Ned asked, noticing her mood.

She shrugged, "I don't know."

Meanwhile, Peter Parker had locked himself in the bathroom. He was about halfway through a panic attack. Peter had them every so often but he had never had one this intense. He could feel his throat caving in as the air escaped his lungs and refused to return.

He rubbed his eyes furiously as he tried to stop the tears from streaming down his face. What the hell was wrong with him?

Moments ago Peter had somehow walked up his bedroom wall. Just remembering it made him shudder violently. That was not a normal ability for anyone — not even Thor, a freaking God could do something so strange.

Perhaps if it were just the walking on walls thing then maybe he could deal but that wasn't the only thing. His glasses were useless now. He could hear everything. Like right now, the couple downstairs were arguing about who's turn it was to pay the rent. Oh and his body was not his body. The tiniest thing could set him off. He found himself jumping whenever a fly came near him.

His mind wandered back to yesterday when he could've killed Chad. Peter could barely lift his textbooks let alone hold someone like Chad against the wall like that. He scared himself. What would have happened if [Y/N] hadn't been there?

[Y/N]. Just thinking about her drove him insane. She was confusing the hell out of him. He hated how attracted he was to her.

Peter looked up at himself in the mirror. His eyes were red and watery, his face was red and the cut on his cheek was still there — though it had faded way too quickly. He looked like a mess.

He stared at the swollen lump on his hand angrily. What the hell had that spider done to him? He'd done a research task on spiders in middle school and he had never come across a breed of spider that caused this with its bite.

Peter took in a shakey breath. He felt his body stop trembling and his mind cleared ever so slightly. He squeezed his eyes shut tightly one last time before letting go of the vanity.

Slowly, he lifted his foot up to touch the wall. He let out a deep breath before lifting his other one up and putting it beside the first.

He gasped. Peter Benjamin Parker was defying every law of physics to ever exist. How was this possible?

—•—

A week had passed and Peter Parker did not in fact lose his Snapchat streaks. After he stopped freaking out about his newfound abilities, he sent them.

It was Friday again and he was sitting in his bedroom thinking. He really wanted to test his abilities more but he was afraid someone would find out what a freak he was. He wondered if Captain America felt like this after he was injected with the Super Soldier Serum. No. Because Captain America can't walk up walks.

Peter sighed. If only there was a way he could test his abilities without getting caught. He gazed over at his stack of comic books on his desk, the one on top stuck out to him. It was a Batman one. His noticed that Batman wore a mask.

This gave Peter an idea.

Two hours and seven pricks to the finger with a sewing needle later and Peter had created a costume. It kind of reminded him of what the guy wore in the 'It's Wednesday My Dudes.' Vine. He had stitched a pair of blue sweatpants to a red hoodie — they were the first two things he pulled out of his closet. He'd turned the hood into a mask and used a pair of old swimming goggles as eye holes. Most people would not be able to see out of them but with his vision improvements — they sorta made seeing easier.

Peter slipped the costume on and slipped out of his window. He hoped the costume wouldn't draw too much attention to him. He began crawling across the side of his building — which still terrified him by the way.

Somehow he found himself perched atop a gas station. His eyes swept around the busy city. He saw the swarms of people crossing the road and going to wherever they need to. He felt the hairs on the back of his neck raise, snapping his head to the side — he saw it.

A lady was being pressed against a wall by two men. One of them was rums honing through her purse whilst the other held her in place and whispered in her ear. "Help me!" She cried but nobody took notice.

Before he knew it, Peter had climbed down from the gas station and was running towards them. "Hey buddy, I don't think she's interested in you — just an observation."

The two guys stared at Peter, "what are you supposed to be?" Asked the one with the purse, "discount Captain America?"

Peter didn't respond, instead he punched the guy square in the face. He watched the guy stumble back and fall into a trash can. Peter turned his attention back to his friend. "Your turn?"

The man growled before pushing the poor women away from him. He jogged over to his friend and yanked him up to a standing position. "This isn't over." He spat before the ran away.

Peter scoffed. "W-who are you?" The women asked him, her voice shook as if she were trying not to cry.

Peter looked at her with sad eyes, thinking her question over. He couldn't exactly tell her his name. "Spider-Man." He told her eventually.

—•—

WRITTEN 10/07/19
vote, comment and share? xx
WORD COUNT: 1023

p.s. can i get an oof?

also you can say this a bit dramatic but honestly, peter is reacting exactly how i, an anxiety ridden, socially awkward, real life fifteen-year-old would react.