12. SPIDER-MAN

BENEFITS — CHAPTER TWELVE!

WORD OF THE MYSTERIOUS SPIDER-MAN spread like wildfire. Before Peter knew it, everyone was talking about it — they all wanted to know who or what was under the mask.

It was Wednesday, a week after Peter or Spider-Man had saved that lady. Ever since, he'd been working hard to try and improve his costume. Since the world knew him as Spider-Man, he'd decided to base his costume around that more.

It was lunch and he'd snuck into the chemistry lab rather than sit with his friends. He was working hard to try and create something similar to a spiders web.

Meanwhile, [Y/N], Ned and Michelle were sitting at their table talking about the elusive hero. "I wonder what he's like." [Y/N] gushed, taking a bite of her brownie, "I bet he's super hot."

Michelle rolled her eyes. "What is with people and wanting every superhero to be hot? Would it be so bad if he were some ugly loser?"

[Y/N] shrugged, "well no it wouldn't but I'm just saying that if he were hot like Thor than it wouldn't be a bad thing."

"I heard he's young." Ned cut in, he wasn't really interested in talking about if Spider-Man was hot or not. "Like really young."

[Y/N] swallowed her brownie thoughtfully, "like in their twenties young or younger?"

"Like teenager young." Michelle said, erasing a large section of her sketch.

[Y/N] frowned. "What kind of teenager would voluntarily get out of bed to go save people?"

Michelle sighed, "I don't know, the good kind?"

"The kind your parents always compare you to?" Ned added.

[Y/N] sighed, she could definitely relate to that statement. Her eyes landed on Peters empty seat, where was he? "Did Peter say where he was going?" She asked them.

"Peters a big boy. He doesn't need me to hold his hand everywhere he goes." Ned shrugged, his voice oozing with sarcasm.

"God," [Y/N] replied, rolling her eyes dramatically, "I was just curious."

—•—

Peter, Ned, Michelle and [Y/N] were all gathered around their work table in Manual Arts. [Y/N] wasn't the biggest fan of manual arts, mainly because she kept bending her nails. Then she had to pull them out and try again.

Their project at the moment was to build a birdhouse. [Y/N] didn't see the use of a bird house especially in New York but nether-the-less, she work hard on it.

She was on her third attempt at hammering the sides together. Peter was holding the sides in place for her, his face filled with worry as she began hitting on the nails. "Please don't recreate the Simpsons Movie." He joked.

[Y/N] laughed. "I wore goggles to prevent that," She said, adjusting the big plastic goggles on her face — they honestly made seeing harder. "Speaking of which, what happened to your glasses? I haven't seen you wear them in ages."

Peter shrugged, moving his finger out of the hammers way. "Don't need them anymore."

[Y/N] cocked her head to the side in confusion, "really?"

Before Peter could respond, Flash came over to their table, "can you hurry up with the hammer? You told me you'd be finished with it ages ago."

[Y/N] rolled her eyes at him, "why do you need this specific hammer? There's like twelve hanging up over there." She asked, pointing to the rack of tools at the back of the workshop.

"It's the lightest one, the heavy ones hurt Flashs' week arms." Michelle said, almost turning Ned's hand into a pancake with her own hammer. "Isn't that right, Flash?"

Flash scoffed, "whatever."

Michelle mimicked him as he walked away causing them all to laugh. "That's the most accurate impression I've ever heard," Ned declared once they'd calmed down a bit.

"Agreed."

—•—

"Are you free to study tonight?" [Y/N] asked Peter as they walked out of the school. "'Cause I'm really stressing about the Geography exam."

Peter inhaled deeply. He couldn't tell [Y/N] why tonight or any other night, wasn't a good time anymore. Recently, he'd been going home and spending hours tweaking his prototype for a week shooter. Then after he got frustrated with the device, he'd put on his Spidey-Suit and go fight crime. He'd barely studied himself.

Instead of telling [Y/N] this, he nodded. They rushed over to the train stop, nothing praying that it hadn't left without them already. Lucky for them, it hadn't and they made it just in time.

Peter and [Y/N] were squashed together by the other people on the train. She could feel Peters hot breath fanning down the back of her neck. Peter could feel something in her school bag poking him in the back.

Just as [Y/N]'s leg began cramping up, they reached Peters stop. "Come on," he mumbled, pulling her along by the arm. [Y/N] was surprised by his strength. Sure, he'd seen the Chad incident but she just assumed he was running off adrenaline.

"May!" Peter called out as he unlocked the front door, "I'm home, [Y/N]'s here too, were going to study in my room."

"Leave the door open!" His aunt called back.

Peter groaned. If only May knew.

—•—

WRITTEN 10/07/19
vote, comment and share? xx
WORD COUNT: 879

p.s i'm trying to speed things along because i don't want this to be a complete rip off of the other spider-man movies but i also want to show how peters powers are affecting him and the people around him before we move onto civil war.