FOOTNOTE + OTHER INFO

Hi guys, I feel as though - judging by the countless comments (and even DM's) I receive - that I need to clear a few things up. So, I'll start at the beginning.

I started writing this book when I was about 12/13 - so, about three... almost four years ago. I was a different person/writer back then, I had no idea what I wanted to do or say. I thought this book was the best, most original thing I had ever come up with (looking back, I have no idea why I thought that). I thought it was well-written, relatable and funny but, it really isn't. Now, I'm not claiming to be the best writer now but I have improved so much.

I cringe every time I see a new comment or vote on this book and wonder why the hell anyone would read this trash. Never in my wildest dreams did I expect this to get 70K+ reads (that mightn't be a lot for some people but its a lot for me). Like, I have never had a book get that 'popular'.

I've tried like four times to finish this story, the most recent attempt being last winter. I always knew where I wanted to go with this/what the ending was going to be. I could finish it like some of you not-so-kindly demand I do, but I already know I would never be happy with it. I know that I would rather spend my time working on my newer books - the ones that I have so much excitement and inspiration for. I work so hard on those books and it hurts to see a book with chapters that I can put together in half an hour get more recognition (this isn't me trying to guilt-trip, it's me expressing my opinion).

I started this at the beginning of high school - in like grade eight or something like that. Now I'm in grade eleven. I'm nearing the end of high school, exams and assignments and quarantine are eating me away and I, unfortunately, don't have as much free time as I used to. I have a life - one that would be happier if I deleted this book. But I won't delete it because I don't wanna ruin it for the people who genuinely enjoy it.

This isn't me trying to rake in sympathy or views, this is me being completely honest and open with you guys. This is me trying to make you understand why I don't want to continue this book, this is why I haven't posted a new chapter in over a year - this is why I probably won't. (This is me being confused as to why the votes to reads ratio is so weird... might wanna get on that, silent readers.)

If I were to ever continue this, I would probably start again and rewrite everything - starting with the whole Y/N situation. Why did I decide to make this one of those stories? Is making an OC that hard? No, it isn't and maybe I would've kept going had I made this an OC book, not a Y/N book. (I was always so scared of not being inclusive or offending a reader.)

From the bottom of my heart, I want to thank everyone who has ever click on this, commented or (not) voted on a chapter. I'm sorry that it has to come to an end but I can't keep lying to commenters who ask when the next chapter will be out - there won't be another chapter, guys. I've adored interacting with you guys in the comments and have laughed my ass off at some of the things you guys have said.

Thanks for putting up with me and if you aren't entirely sick of me, why don't you head over to my profile, give me a follow and maaaaaaaaybe check out one of my newer works? Don't lose complete faith in me, I'm spontaneous as fuck and I might revamp this one day when I'm bored (just so we're clear, this isn't a promise - it's a hypothetical.)

If you guys are interested (and I can find the book it's written in), I might publish pictures of the very first draft of this... if I remember correctly, there were about five or six chapters written in an old notebook somewhere.

Until next time - Karla <3
(Wow, I can't believe this is literally the same length as some chapters in this book. 2020 me would never publish a chapter under 2000 words lmao).

UPDATE: I am going through and changing all the chapter titles, I don't know what happened by they are annoying me.

UPDATE II: Uhm hi? This book has almost 100K reads??????? how....???? (((also, while i have you here, maybe you could consider chucking me a follow or maybe even reading one of my other books?? i might not be writing this anymore but that doesn't mean i've stopped writing altogether 🥺)))

also, also, i hope everyone's doing okay during the pandemic && if anyone of you guys ever needs someone to talk to, pm's are always open. i rarely sleep so i'll probably reply pretty quick :))