19. PARTY

BENEFITS — CHAPTER NINETEEN!

"PARTY IN SUBURBS." Aunt May said, smiling fondly as she pulled the car up. "I remember these — kinda jealous."

"It'll be a night to remember," Ned says excitedly, nudging Peter.

May let's put a small laugh as she turns to face the tan boy, "Ned, some hats wear men but you wear that hat."

Ned grins at her, tilting his hat slightly, "yeah, it gives me confidence."

Peter is looking out the window, removed from the merry conversation taking place beside him. He's too busy staring at the nice house with upbeat music. "This is a mistake." He says, turning to his aunt, "we should just go home."

"Oh, Peter. I know. I know it's really hard trying to fit in with all the changes your body's going through. It's flowering now." May says, her mouth set in a straight line. Peter rolls his eyes, letting out a sarcastic laugh. Turning to Ned, May says, "he's so stressed out lately."

Ned nods, "what helps with stress is going to a party. We should go to the party."

Peter nods, opening his car door, "yeah, let's do it. Yeah I'm gonna go."

"Peter," When Aunt May calls his name, Peter stops and leans in to listen to his aunt through the window. Ned gets out behind them. "Have fun."

Meanwhile, [Y/N] is already inside. She's sitting on Liz's kitchen counter talking to Michelle as the curly haired girl makes toast. "So, Harry huh?"

[Y/N] blushes. "Yeah, he's really sweet."

Michelle squints at her and shrugs, "I'm sure he is, I just thought you and Peter would end up together."

[Y/N] let's out a small laugh, memories from the summer resurface in her mind. "Me and Peter? Nah, just friends."

"Does he know that?"

"What do you mean?" [Y/N] asked at the same time Michelle's toast popped.

"Hey guys, cool hat Ned." [Y/N] hears Liz say. [Y/N] cranes her neck so she can see the two boys.

"Hi Liz." They both say at the same time. [Y/N] notices Peter's cheeks turn a light shade of pink.

"I'm so happy you guys came." She says, though her words seem to be mainly directed at Peter. "There's pizza and drinks. Help yourself."

Peter nods, "What a great party." Well, not that Peter would really know. The only parties he'd been to were the kind with musical chairs.

"Thanks." Liz smiled at him, tucking a strand of dark hair behind her ears.

The sound of glass breaking catches their attention. "Oh, I... My parents will kill me if anything's broken. I gotta—" Liz says sheepishly.

The two nod, "have fun." She says, bidding them farewell.

[Y/N] turned back to Michelle who finally finished making her toast. "Wanna go say hi?"

The two walked over, Michelle taking loud bites of her toast as they did so. "Can't believe you're at this lame party." Michelle said to them.

Ned gave her a weird look, "but you're here too?"

"Am I?"

The three watched a Michelle walked away through the crowd. "And I wonder why my Grandma always says I need new friends." Ned sighed.

"So, when's Spider-Man coming?" [Y/N] asked as Harry Osborn began making his way over.

His hands found their way around [Y/N]'s waist. "Hey [Y/N]." He said, kissing her cheek. "Ned.. Parker." Peters jaw clenched.

"DJ Flash." A robotic voice said as airhorns went off.

[Y/N] groaned as she leans into Harry, "what was Liz thinking?"

Harry shrugged, "he's not that bad. He's actually—"

"An asshole?" Peter suggested.

"A dickhead?" Ned added.

Harry rolled his eyes as Flashs' attention landed on them. "Penis Parker! Whats up?"

Peter let's out a groan as he turns to face Flash. The air horn sound can be heard of the speaker again, "So, where's your pal Spider-Man? Let me guess. In Canada with your imaginary girlfriend?"

Peters face reddened as more people began listening and laughing. "That's not Spider-Man. That's just Ned in a red shirt."

The crowd boos.

"You were saying?" Ned says, raising a brow at Harry as he drags Peter off.

[Y/N] feels Harry sigh. "Your friends don't like me, huh?"

"No no, they do it's just..." [Y/N] turned to face him, "it's just your friends that they don't like."

"Flash isn't as bad as he seems. He just thinks he has to act like that to get people to like him." Harry says, moving some hair out of [Y/N]'s face.

[Y/N]'s eyes moved towards Harry's lips and his to hers. "What would you do if I kissed you right now?" He asks, his voice barely above a whisper.

[Y/N] leans in closer, "depends. Why don't you do it and find out?"

No more words needed to be said. Harry got the message and closed the space between them.

—•—

WRITTEN 11/07/19
vote, comment and share? xx
WORD COUNT: 820

p.s. ugh this was really boring i'm sorry