Chapter 30: Night [/]

When they returned, Rayna shot up from the couch and quickly ran towards her room, leaving Erick to greet them

When they returned, Rayna shot up from the couch and quickly ran towards her room, leaving Erick to greet them. He had his jacket on, preparing to leave.

"We'll go now," he said.

"We? Where are you two going?" Anaeya questioned. Christopher had an arm wrapped around her waist, saying that it was to protect her from the cold.

"Rayna ordered some Chinese takeout just now," Erick offered. She had to give it to him, his English was improving significantly over the course of a month. "There's some left in the kitchen if you want. Dayana es asleep. She drank tanto juice."

"Oh, thanks," Anaeya murmured, nodding. "Well, where are you two going?"

"Coffee!" Rayna interrupted, her biker jacket in hand.

She hooked arms with Erick and dragged the boy out before he could say anything, he looked alarmed. Anaeya shook her head when the door slammed close.

Erick and Rayna were gone.

She walked towards the living room, half expenting a mess but softened when she saw the toddler sleeping soundly in a pillow fort with toys scattered everywhere.

Anaeya carefully carried Dayana into her room, placing the little girl into bed before pulling the soft covers over her. She had fallen fast asleep probably after several hours of playing with legos and watching cartoons on the television.

"Goodnight, Dayana," Anaeya said, stroking the little girl's forehead.

She kissed the little girl on the forehead and left the bedroom for the kitchen, a certain man still trailing behind her.

Ever since their wonderful date took a sharp awkward and depressing turn that evening, Christopher Velez had been watching her every move and following her footsteps like a hawk.

Just his presence in her apartment made her feel tense.

"You know, you could leave now," she simply stated, placing the dishes on the counter into the sink. "You don't need to stay."

"Finally, I thought you weren't going to chase me out," Christopher said, grinning. "I thought you would be really nice to allow me sleep over at your place like last time."

"You've been waiting for me to chase you out?" she asked, raising her eyebrows at him. Then, she shook her head and sighed. "Well, then. You should go before I chase you with a broom or something. I don't want the boys to misinterpret things like last time so spare me from the embarassment."