Chapter 39: Kidnap [/]

"That's all for this week on Kidnap! I hope you enjoyed the show

"That's all for this week on Kidnap! I hope you enjoyed the show. For our upcoming show, we'll have some special guests lined up for more daring challenges. Bye!" Anaeya said.

She then waved at the camera. Maluma joined in too, flashing his smile. When the camera light turned red, she sighed in relief.

The session was over, she could finally rest for a bit. Maybe even pick Dayana from school.

"Congratulations!" Maluma said, offering her a hand. She shook it, smiling. "It has been barely a year and I heard that your show was nominated for an award."

"Mhm, but we didn't win it," she said, cringing. Her hand drawed back to smooth her dress. "We'll do better next time."

"Hey, you wanna get a drink some time?" he asked. "I'm having a party in my suite. Come and join us! Your friend Abraham will be there."

"Maybe," she replied, shrugging.

Ever since the show became the talk of the town, she was invited by the celebrities to award shows, galas and parties. Getting a drink with Maluma was no different but she found herself saying no to some invitations.

"I will be here for another session before I return to my apartment in downtown Miami. I miss my sisters. When I'm free, I guess?"

"Send my regards to your sisters," he said, giving her an understanding smile. She looked at him apologetically. "It's alright, you're a very busy person. Next time?"

"Next time," she uttered, nodding. "Minus the eggs, of course."

"And flour!" he added. He buttoned his coat, standing up as his crew swarmed him. "It was difficult to clean all that up. I have to get ready for my next show now. Bye!"

Maluma then left, ushered out of the room by his manager and a few other bodyguards as a crowd of fangirls surrounded them. Anaeya winced when they screamed for him.

Some even screamed her name and waved at her. She waved back before the door closed again.

"Anaeya," Devina said, patting her shoulder. She hummed back in response. "You're not going to believe me but you're not going to like this."

"What? What's wrong Devina?"

"You know how the producers like to keep details about our next guest secret until the last minute," Devina explained, concern. "You see, our next guest on the show is.."

"No, don't tell me.." she trailed off, lifting a finger.

Devina just nodded.

~~~~~○~~~~~

"Christopher, shut the damn phone," Clara sighed in annoyance. "Please. We're about to land in a few minutes."

"Just 5 minutes," he said, staring at the screen of his phone as he waited. Erick clapped his shoulder and glanced out the window.