Chapter 42: Vulnerable [/]

"Where's Ana?" Christopher questioned, feeling restless

"Where's Ana?" Christopher questioned, feeling restless. As soon as he saw Devina walk into the room, he straightened from leaning against the wall.

He was itching to ask about the guy sleeping in Anaeya's apartment. The thought of a stranger in her house threw him off his feet and made him lose sleep that night. But whoever he was, the same stranger was much closer to Anaeya than Christopher himself.

"I don't know, Chris," Devina scowled, stalking down the hallway. "I hadn't had any coffee today so don't bother me."

"Devvy, you're her assistant. Where's Ana?"

Like him, she was dressed in gear with an exception that she had a long laser gun strapped on her shoulder. The girl glared at him and ignored his question, leading them into a room.

"Devvy, please."

Devina ignored him and ushered everyone to quickly huddle around the table at the centre of the room.

"So today we'll be playing paintball slash laser tag," Devina said, placing the weapon on the table. "To even our numbers, the lucky winner of the poster challenge is here today to join us. Everyone, this is Akeela."

Akeela waved, greeting the each of the boys with hugs.

"So, before we split into teams of four," Devina said, throwing an arm around the girl. She teased, "Tell us, Akeela, who's your favourite member in CNCO."

Akeela laughed shyly, "I actually can't pick. Its either Zabdiel or Christopher. I can't really pick."

"Aww," Devina cooed as the two boys gave Akeela a side hug. Zabdiel even gave the girl a quick kiss on the cheek as a bonus, making her turn all red.

"Alright, now let's split teams."

They each picked a rolled parchment from a glass bowl and opened it to reveal the teams they were on.

Christopher, Joel, Richard and the lucky CNCOwner were in the red team while Erick, Zabdiel and Devina were in the blue team.

"There's four of them and three of us," Erick stated, confused. "Que pasa? Who's not here?"

Suddenly, Christopher cursed and was shifting places with Zabdiel.

"I'm actually in the blue team with Erick. It is dark here, so I can't see the colors properly," Christopher murmured.

Zabdiel protested but Joel signaled him to keep silent. He complied.

Then, someone stepped in to join the circle. It was Anaeya in blue gear. She scanned the room, looking unsatisfied when she saw Christopher on the blue team.

Because she was the missing team member.

"Okay, now that you are all in gear, we'll lay out the rules," Devina said, looking apologetically at Anaeya.