Chapter 43: Fear [/]

"Today, we will be playing 'House Hunting'," Anaeya said, leading them down the corridor as the camera man followed

"Today, we will be playing 'House Hunting'," Anaeya said, leading them down the corridor as the camera man followed. "It is a cross between your classic pillow fort and what's in the box challenge."

Christopher brightened at his chance and intervened, "Dayana will like this. She loves building pillow forts."

Anaeya flinched.

When the camera stood out of range, the girl shot him an icy glare, prompting him to step backwards. The boys glanced between the two worriedly as Anaeya looked away.

"You will all be in a room with cardboard boxes," Devina interrupted, appearing out of thin air. She nodded at Anaeya and gestured for them to follow her. "Some of these boxes are empty while others aren't."

Christopher opened his mouth to say something but kept silent when Joel gave him a sharp nudge. His friend shook his head at Christopher in warning before following.

"Are there animals?" Richard questioned. He seemed skeptical since their endeavor in the gooey tunnels.

Now, they were ushered into a room with stark white walls and piling boxes at every corner. Cameras were set up around the perimeter.

Anaeya shrugged, and said, "You'll have to find out yourselves. You need to build a fort which is strong and large enough for all of us to fit."

"All of us?" Christopher repeated. "You're playing too?"

He turned to Anaeya but was ignored.

"The materials you need for the fort are in the boxes. And we won't be nice with what we put in there," Devina said, her hands on her hips. "You'll see."

"There are no spiders, right?" Joel asked, frowning.

"It is a secret," Anaeya replied. "I'll be back to check on your fort once it is done."

She waved at them and both girls left. He caught Anaeya casting him a pained expression before the doors closed.

"Don't," Joel muttered. Christopher glanced at Joel's hand on his shoulder and brushed it off. "Please. Not yet."

Christopher clenched his jaw and feigned being excited of the entire fort ordeal. He was getting pretty good at play acting the past few months.

Only few knew what really was happening behind the curtains.

Suddenly, everyone cheered as Erick was the first one to break away from the group, heading in the direction of the bigger boxes.

The intercom blared. They heard Anaeya saying, "Wise choice, Erick. Those boxes hold the key material you need."

"Pillows?" Erick guessed.

"I was sure they had rats brought in today," Anaeya mused.

Erick shook his head and approached it with caution as though something was going to pounce at him.