ch. 1

Chapter One;;- Villain in the Streets

[surname] [name] yawned, stretching her arms as she walked slowly down the street. The streetlamps were slowly flickering to life, the dim bulbs barely bright enough to light the paths. Moths swarmed to the fixtures, their wings fluttering in flurries around the filthy lights. [name] hugged the takeout box close to her chest, keeping her quirk activated to keep the contents warm.

She was on her way home from work at Fantasia, a local restaurant that hadn't gained much popularity yet, but had a strong sense of camaraderie among the staff. She enjoyed working there, and had gone through great lengths to receive permission for her employment.

Even though she was in her third year of high school, the rules were still the rules. If her school, the high school closest to her house, didn't allow part-time jobs they simply wouldn't allow part-time jobs. It took almost a full year of filling out paperwork and convincing her teachers that a job wouldn't hurt her grades, and it was a step forward in the direction of her dream-- to be a famous chef.

Well, maybe not famous. She didn't like the idea of busy kitchens or TV shows or bossy celebrities. She just wanted to make people happy with her food. If she could bring a smile to someone's face through her cooking, she couldn't ask for any more.

Unfortunately, this also meant late nights of getting off of shifts late and staying up studying even later. [name] didn't really mind in the long run, but on the day-to-day basis, it was wearing her out. Her social life was suffering, and she noticed she spent a lot more time alone than she ever remembered.

[name] felt a shiver run down her spine, clutching her leftovers tighter to her and increasing her quirk's strength. Candescence, she called it, the ability to radiate with warmth. Most of the time she used it to do exactly what she was doing now, keeping her leftovers warm and warming herself up. Occasionally she would use it in the kitchen if they were in a real time crunch, but most of the time it was a background detail, one that never really mattered. Who needed quirks except heroes and villains anyway? She passed under an orange hot spot of light when the earth beneath her vibrated with the oncoming steps of something large.

A large man-- perhaps over two meters tall!-- came barreling down the alleyway to her right, his arms covered in what she could only assume to be an aspect of his quirk. [name] felt her body freeze in fear and she could have laughed at the irony of her body freezing when she had a warming quirk, had she not been directly in the path of a massive, terrifying villain.

The villain locked eyes with her and smirked, speeding up to meet up with [name]'s current location. He had one gigantic hand out, ready to scoop up [name], when some tentacles shot out from the alleyway that the villain was emerging from. They wrapped around his wrist with an iron grip and pulled his arm (an subsequently, his body) back down the alleyway. [name] couldn't see the hero that had pulled the villain back yet, but they were fighting at the opening of the alley, where the two roads converged.

Another large figure began towards the two fighting. This one was round and plump. The shape of their body was what [name] thought must be a hero costume. By the time the second hero had gotten over to the villain, the hero had restrained the villain with the same tentacles.

"Fuckin' octopus!" The villain complained as the hero retracted the tentacles for the other hero to get him cuffed and off to the police.

Immediately, the aura around the smaller hero tensed and he mumbled out a sad response, trudging over to the brick exterior of the building. [name] looked between the hero busy with the villain and the one against the wall with confusion written over her face.

She deactivated her quirk and went timidly over to the hero with his head against the wall. His costume was mainly black, white, and yellow, the cape the billowed behind him covering most of [name]'s vision of the rest of his costume. She tapped his shoulder, positioning herself to his side so that she could see his face. She saw strands of messy dark hair from under the hood and a mask, maybe, but she wasn't sure.

The hero didn't look up. "You saved me," she breathed gratefully. "Thank you."

He looked over, his hood falling from his head as he lifted it from the wall slightly. He was wearing a mask, a dark one over his eyes, and what [name] thought must be a removable mouth guard was dangling from his neck. His lips were drawn into a shaky frown. The hero met eyes with [name] and nodded, immediately tearing his gaze away. He muttered something she couldn't understand.

"I appreciate it a lot," she said. [name] looked down at her arms, the takeout box still warm against the front of her shirt. She held it out to the hero, giving him a friendly smile. "Here. It's from the restaurant I work at. Think of it as a thank you."

The hero's face flustered, accepting the box with trembling hands. "T-Thank you..."

The villain began to fuss again. The larger hero struggled for a moment before calling out, "Suneater!" The other hero removed his head from the wall, placing the takeout box into the compartments on his chest and going over to help his companion.

Is Suneater his name? [name] wondered. She watched them for a moment, pulling out her phone to check the time. Her eyes widened when she saw the numbers on the screen. She looked over at the two heroes again, deciding against saying anything and beginning to sprint back home, thinking that was the last time she would ever meet those heroes again.

a/n: i like angst so this fluffy ass story is gonna be wayy out of my comfort zone but honestly i'd rather die than make my son tamaki sad.

also this is literally the best cover i've ever made but one of the most boring first chapters im sorry. it'll get better i swear! since amajiki is so introverted, i dont want to rush things and make him out of character