ch. 12

Chapter Twelve;;- Sick Call

The day was a sluggish, a boring Sunday. [name] was taking a rare day off, but with the free time, had suddenly found herself very bored. She alternated between the different spots in the house trying out various activities. She went from reading a book on the couch, to taking some notes at her desk, to listening to music on her bed, back to reading on the couch, playing on her phone on the bed, until the pastimes quickly got more and more repetitive.

[name] had resigned to her boredom, almost ready to go upstairs and ask if her younger brother wanted to do anything today, and if his answer was no, she would have to go grocery shopping. She was halfway up the stairs when her phone began to vibrate. Immediately hoping for it to be her father promising to be home soon so that they could do something together, [name] pulled out her phone without hesitation.

Instead of seeing the familiar contact photo of her dad, she instead saw the default contact picture accompanied by the name "Amajiki Tamaki" dancing across the screen. It was unusual for Amajiki to call since he never usually got many words out over the phone, instead he usually sent a terse text message. [name], intrigued, picked up.

"Hello?" She answered hesitantly.

Amajiki's voice on the other end was hoarse. "Mirio... I-I'm sick... Can you bring me some medicine?" He asked, his voice sounding weak.

[name] turned around immediately, starting for the kitchen. "I'm on my way, Amajiki-kun." She opened the fridge, taking out some ingredients.

She could practically hear the shock smash his face. "[s]-[surname]-san! Sorry... I meant to call Mirio..."

"It's okay, Amajiki-kun. Take it easy." [name] grinned as she shut the fridge door behind her and hung up after a short goodbye.

Since soups aren't necessarily difficult things to make, it didn't take long for [name] to have some cooking on the stove. Cooking, of course, takes as long as it will take, so after she had the soup cooking, she turned to start some green tea. After the tea was brewed, she waited until it was room temperature, then stuck it in the fridge while the soup finished. Once the soup was fully cooked, she poured the soup into a thermos and the tea into a different thermos that was filled with ice.

[name] put her shoes on and left, careful to activate her quirk only on the hand with the soup and not the tea. She was at Amajiki's house about forty minutes after he had called. She rang his doorbell, a little concerned about how he would answer the door.

Amajiki, on the other hand, thought she wasn't coming. After his embarrassing mishap (that had only happened since [name]'s and Mirio's text conversations were so close to each other), Amajiki took a little bit to recover his courage, then called Mirio, too.

Struggling out of bed, Amajiki stumbled down the stairs and opened the door. His eyes widened when he saw [name] standing there. "[surname]-san, I didn't know you were coming...." He blushed.

[name] smiled passively. "I wasn't going to not help you out when you're sick." She eyed his pale complexion, then ducks under his arm to go inside the house. She slipped her shoes off, set the thermoses and her bag down on a counter, and deactivated her quirk. She turned to look at him, frowning. "You look miserable, man." She touched her palm to his forehead softly. Her hand was warm against his clammy skin, and Amajiki found himself subconsciously leaning into it. "You're burning up," she pulled her hand away, bashfully and subtly wiping it on her pants, "and a little bit sweaty." [name] took him by his elbow. "C'mon, let's get you back to bed."

It was a good thing Amajiki's face was already warm to hide the blush that formed across his cheeks. He let her lead him to his bedroom, falling onto his bed with a relieved sigh. He was more sick than he'd like to admit.