ch. 10

Chapter Ten;;- Concern

Work today at Fantasia was boring-- business being slow and [name]'s brain feeling even slower. With nothing to keep more than a couple employees there, the boss let [name] off early with a dismissive wave. It was unlikely it would get any faster, or at least, fast enough that they would need as many staff as they had scheduled for today.

[name] gratefully took off, almost immediately hearing a clamor and voices from down the street. Knowing what this usually implied, she jogged in the direction of the sound.

Sure enough, what she saw in front of her was the most action she had ever seen out of Fatgum's district, since they were didn't like to take up arms.

[name] watched four men run straight into Fat, becoming submerged straightaway. Another one of the men slipped between Fat's legs with his quirk. Her eyes widened upon seeing Amajiki's tentacles grab the stray villain. She knew that he was a very capable hero, but she couldn't help but feel a knot of concern tangle in her belly when she realized he was being thrown straight into danger.

"What the hell is this octopus?" The villain that had been grabbed by Amajiki exclaimed, struggling against the tight grip on his body.

Amajiki shuddered, and, barely audible from where [name] was standing, said, "What an awful thing to say." A shaky frown grew on his face.

"He's not badmouthing you. He's telling it like it is, seriously!" With that shout, [name]'s attention was drawn to the boy beside Amajiki. He had hair that was gelled up to be spiky with dyed red with his roots just barely visible. He had to be another intern, because he was wearing a hero costume that, admittedly, didn't make much sense to [name]. She flinched at the tone he had used with Amajiki. It didn't seem harsh, but saying it so bluntly probably didn't make Amajiki feel much better about it.

The villain made a noise as Amajiki pulled him towards him, knocking the villain to the ground with his hand that had been manifested into a clam. Then, with his feet that had turned into a chicken's foot, he trapped the villain on the ground. The villain and him exchanged a few words that [name] didn't quite catch as sealed the deal with the villain.

"Did I.. do a good job?" Amajiki asked, looking up at the new intern shyly.

The intern beamed. "You were awesome! You were so quick to make use of your quirk, too..," He praised.

Fatgum turned around from dealing with the police. "If we're talking about ability alone, Suneater's already outclassing most pros! He just needs mental training!" Fat praised him as well, gesturing towards the cheering crowd around them.

Everyone listening to this conversation looked over to Amajiki, who was shaking, standing up after the police took away the villain he had caught.

[name] pushed through the crowd, coming to the front (with only a little bit of trouble) and stepping out, touching Amajiki's shoulder. When he turned to look at her, she waved with the hand not on his shoulder. "Hey, Suneater," She greeted, using his hero name because he was still on the job.

The shaking seemed to slow, and he waved back a little bit. "H-Hi, [surname]-san."

Just as [name] was about to turn to the new intern, a bang rang out and Fat yelled, "Oh no, get down!"

Some shrieks came from the crowd as a bullet buried into Amajiki's arm, knocking him down. The man, holding a gun, stayed still as the crowd scrambled away from him, fired another at the new intern. He yelled something that [name] didn't care to discern in the panic. The bullet that had been aimed at the new intern pinged off the head guard he was wearing.