SPECIAL CHAPTER

Special Chapter One;;- With You By My Side

THIS HAS NO RELATION TO THE STORY AND IS NOT PART OF THE CANON.

The sky was dark and gloomy, with large grey clouds rolling across it. Rain pelted the Earth, drumming out a monotonous tune on the roofs. The house was silent except for the rain's constant beat. The room was pitch black, no lights on to even notice the flickering that occurred every time the explosive boom and crack of the frequent lightning strikes would resound.

A particularly loud thunderclap shook Tamaki awake-- he could swear he felt the very foundations of the house shake as well-- and he found himself sitting upright in bed, rubbing his eyes as he looked over to the clock. The digital numbers spelled out 3:26 a.m. A yawn slipped from his lips, exhaustion settling in his bones as his gaze directed towards the window. The pattering sound of the rain was calming, but the flashes of light and booming thunder made it less so.

His fingers slid through his hair. Tamaki had never been a big fan of thunderstorms. For no particular reason that he could ever discern, they made him feel a deep discomfort in the pit of his belly, an uneasiness that sat in his core.

Tamaki turned slightly to adjust his pillows, tugging the blanket back over his body as laid back down, cuddling closer to the warmth that was on the other side of the bed. He laid like that for a while, his eyes drooping with exhaustion but every time he began to fall asleep, another loud boom would rumble through the skies. He found himself gripping the blankets harder, snuggling up to the warmth.

A gentle brush of his hand across the warmth's side had [name] opening her eyes blearily. A soft noise left her lips as she sat up. She glanced over at the clock, sighing when she noticed the time. Rubbing her eyes with one hand, [name] was about to lay back down when her eyes locked with Tamaki's.

"What are you doing up?" [name] asked quietly, her voice husky from sleep. Another thunderclap shook the room and she nodded without having to hear his answer. "I see..," She murmured, flopping back onto her pillows. With one hand, she lifted the blankets gently, motioning with her other hand for him to come closer.

Bashfully, Tamaki scooted towards [name]. His arms snaked around her waist, immediately finding comfort in her embrace. She laced her fingers through his hair, laying his head on her chest. A bolt of lightning sparked outside the window, followed by a loud clap of thunder, but it didn't feel so scary anymore.

Because, with her beside him, nothing could that scary.

a/n: obviously, this happens much later on in the story, perhaps even after, when there is an actual relationship between the two, but as a thank you for all the support, here's just some straight fluff! it's short, but it's a special and i planned on releasing a chapter at the same time, so i thought it would be okay.

{this was originally published as a 200 favorites special for quotev.}