let's call this a 1000 hearts special idfk [original quotev title]

Special Chapter Four;;- Positive

The little, three bedroom house that Tamaki and [name] bought together when they got married was [name]'s favorite type of house. It was small for the amount of bedrooms it had, admittedly, but it was on the older side, with an eggshell blue siding on the outside and covered in creeping vines and an old oak tree out in the front. The hardwood was a warm, dark color, and the cozy decoration they went with made it feel like it was a real home for the two of them.

Sometimes, it felt like the couple was suspended in time. Just them two, happy, healthy, and living in the way the two had always envisioned (or maybe even better). Waking up next to [name] every morning made Tamaki's heart feel full and her stomach warm. Tamaki adored being able to open his eyes in the morning and walk out of their shared bedroom to see his amazing wife happily humming and making breakfast. Her face would light up when she saw him and, if she was able to, she would rush over to kiss him on the cheek and wish him good morning.

Recently though, he had noticed something a little off about [name]. She was getting up later, usually feeling a little nauseous, and not quite able to make much more than some eggs for breakfast. Tamaki worried, as he always did, and tried to make things a bit easier for her (though he couldn't do that much, since he had never really learned to cook himself and that was most of [name]'s duties around the house, all other chores they did together).

He wanted to urge her to see the doctor, but she had never really felt comfortable going to the doctor, and she was sure she would get better soon.

This morning in particular, Tamaki woke to the unpleasant sounds of [name] dry heaving into the toilet, her stomach empty from doing the same the night before. He rushed to the bathroom, not even pausing to slip on his slippers, and kneeled beside her to rub comforting circles into her back, between her shaking shoulders.

"There, there," he murmured softly as she pressed her forehead to the cool toilet seat.

[name] groaned loudly. "I think I'll take today off work," she said, turning her head so that instead of her forehead it was her cheek to the seat.

Tamaki raised his eyebrows. "Doctor's?" He asked hopefully.

She shook her head quickly. "No, just rest. Maybe I've been working too much to recover."

Almost sagely, he nodded with agreement. "Get back in bed, I'll bring you some oatmeal..." He paused, waiting to see if she would ask for something else. When she didn't, he stood and offered his hands to her to help her up.

Tamaki almost wanted to take the day off with her, to make sure she got the rest she needed. He wanted to wait on her, the one he loved so much, to make sure she was feeling back to tip top shape. She ushered him not to though, citing that finances were a bit tight since the recent purchase of the house, and he hated to say he agreed.

That didn't stop him from worrying the whole day of work though, his distracted mind quickly ushering out of the field and into the office to work on paperwork for the day. Still, Tamaki caught himself making several easily preventable mistakes if he just paid a little more attention. An hour or two before the end of the day, he couldn't peel his eyes from the clock, but he had only finished a quarter of the workload he would on a normal day.

He found himself nearly beginning to pace in front of his desk and stopped himself, shaking his head vigorously to clear his mind. Without another thought, Tamaki strode to his desk and picked up his bag. He barely paused as he waved goodbye to his confused secretary, and hopped on the bus in the direction of their house.

More than once, Tamaki began to zone out on the bus, his mind racing with the scary possibilities of what could be wrong with [name]. What would he do if anything happened to her? Surely it would be his fault for not pushing her to go to the doctor's a little harder. He nearly missed his stop, his attention clouded by the swarm of dizzying thoughts.

His heart pounded as he approached their home- more than the day they confessed to each other, more than their first kiss, more than their first time, more than the day they got married. He was so nervous, plain and simple. What if he opened the door and something had happened to her because he wasn't assertive enough to convince her to go to the doctor's sooner?

But he opened the door anyway. [name] wasn't in the living and her shoes were still there at the door, so he assumed she had stayed in bed like she told him she planned to. Tamaki's pulse slowed a bit in his ears.

He took a left into their bedroom, spotting the unmade bed and his slippers by his side of the bed (the left side, it had always been that way without them ever really discussing it). But the right side was unoccupied. His heartrate picked up again.

Just before he turned around to check the other rooms in the house, Tamaki noticed the light was on in the en suite bathroom. Once again, he calmed himself down a bit. She was probably just being sick again, even if that wasn't good, at least it was better than some of the frightening ideas that were populating Tamaki's head.

He ducked into the bathroom, not failing to notice how [name]'s teary eyes shot up from her seat on the toilet as he entered.

"Tamaki, baby, you're home early..," [name] murmured, the shock in her voice manifesting itself in a shaky, near monotone whisper.

"I was worried... Couldn't focus." He stepped forward, reaching his arms out to her.

She stood and rushed into them as soon as he was close enough. [name] wrapped her arms around his torso so tight it nearly knocked the breath out of him. Tamaki could feel tears soak through his shirt as he wrapped his arms around her waist and looked down at her.

[name] looked up at him and smiled through her watery eyes, making it clear they were not the unhappy tears as he originally worried. "Tamaki, you're going to be a dad."

The words didn't process at first. He repeated them over and over in his mind, trying to puzzle out the meaning. With each repeat more pieces clicked in his mind and his own eyes began to fill with their own tears of happiness.

"A baby? You're..?"

[name] nodded and pulled away from the hug. In her hand, somehow he had not noticed, was a pregnancy test.

Postitive.

a/n: hm. i don't love how this turned out. i liked the concept and even parts of the execution but i haven't written tamaki's character in so long and even then i never wrote him as an adult. it's not my best work.

still, i wanted to write something, not really for any particular reason i just did. i've been feeling good lately (if you've followed any of my activity posts [on quotev] you can probably see i'm a bit sappy at the moment) and tamaki is my "feeling good" character.

i hope you all enjoyed this even if i didn't. i love you guys. hope you're all well.