☆three

Chapter three:
Paintings, Magic and a Familiar Face
*:.. o ..:*

The truck pulled over in front of a house that quite stood out from the rest. Unlike the cottage houses with red roofs, this one was lined with large display windows up front. The windows were caked with dirt, barely making show of what lay inside. The other homes around the place looked welcoming and warm. This one was cold and uninviting.

"I'm going to be living here?"

"Yeah, bud."

In the most calm manner Namjoon unloaded a few boxes from the back of his truck, handing two to Taehyung. Then pulling out a bunch of keys from his back pocket, he picked the one that unlocked the dreaded house.

Upon entry though, Taehyung's entire perspective about the place had changed. Inside lay shelves stocked with the most alluring objects - magic 8 balls, ventriloquist dolls, a China hand holding a deck of cards, hourglasses of different shapes and colored sand. The male was left in awe.

It was a little, narrow shop, not very well lit. As the two made their way into the place the door pinged with a plaintive note as it closed, the source from which left Taehyung confused. There was a tiger of papier-mâché inside a glass dome that sat itself on top of the counter. An entire shelf was stocked with fish bowls in various sizes - one would question the need for such ranging varieties.

But what was most intriguing about the place were the mirrors that lay on the floor. Some mirrors made the male looked extremely thin, while others brought out all the hidden fat within. Some made his head look massive, others caused his legs to disappear. Taehyung walked around the entire store, all the while being drawn to how he looked in the mirror.

"Tae, come here for a sec."

The male turned around and, just as he did so, burst into a fit of laughter.

"Oh my god, Joonie! Your head looks ginormous! I mean just-"

Clutching onto his stomach, the male wheezed for air.

"Yeah. I know. Funny." The other responded, not finding himself in the mood to laugh. "I have to tell you something, Tae. Before-"

"The hell do you fucks want?"

Namjoon froze upon recognition of the voice, Taehyung freezing purely out of instinct. The two, as dramatic as it may sound, did a slow turn towards the source of the voice. There stood a male by the door, wearing the most pissed expression Taehyung had ever seen.

"Hey! Jungkookie! Ma man!" Namjoon hollered in an attempt to lighten the mood. "What's gotten you all so razzed up?"

"Yoongi did some shit. But that's besides the point." Turning to look toward Tae's direction, the male continued. "Namjoon, I understand why you'd be here but I need an explanation as to why that fuck is here." He said, walking in closer towards him.

"Well this is my home now so I can be around here whenever the hell I want." Taehyung replied, not being too elated about being called a 'fuck'.

The other scoffed, shoving his hands into his pant pockets. He leaned slightly forward and cocked an eyebrow, staring right through Taehyung's soul.