☆thirteen

Chapter thirteen:
Broken Bowls and Golden Bags
☆*:.。. o .。.:*☆

Joon and Kook dropped Taehyung off as soon as he got out of the hospital, not sparring a second and rushing off. They had to make it before sundown after all.

But you see, the thing about just dropping of someone at a friend's place was that that someone had no freaking idea about what they were to do. And that's exactly how Taehyung felt as he stood out there for ten whole minutes thinking of what to say. Of course, this planning was interrupted when someone called out to him.

"You planning on entering anytime soon?"

Visibly stiffening, the male turned around to come face to face with the pale male. "I- well... Yes."

And so with that Taehyung entered the bakery no longer hesitating for who knows what would happen if he did. Stepping inside, Taehyung was met with the familiar smell of cinnamon and vanilla. But no. Kim Taehyung was not going to ask for a bite. He could not loose his self-control that easily. He was not here for that. He was here-

"Want a cinnamon roll?"

"Yes!"

So much for self-control. You couldn't blame the male though. Anyone who was anyone, who'd eaten those cinnamon rolls would've agreed. No one'd ever say no to that. But apart from the cinnamon rolls, there was one other reason why Taehyung had agreed to stay. A reason that his heart had kept tucked away and hence the male wasn't aware of.

Taehyung flashed a toothed box grin at the male behind the counter, bringing his hand up and waving slightly. In response to the greeting, the male flashed him his Cresent-eyed smile. The Cresent-eyed smile that made his heart want to leap out of his chest. Of course, he wasn't telling anyone that though.

"Short man over here would appreciate some help."

Taehyung turned on his heels immediately, rushing up to the older who stood by the door while barely managing to balance three bags in his arms.

"Shit. I'm sorry, Min." Taehyung said, relieving the man of two bags.

"No matter." The older said, walking up to the counter and placing the bag behind it. "Just place them here for now. We'll take them home later."

"You don't live here?" The younger asked, settling the bags down as well.

Deadpanning, Yoongi released a sigh. "It's a single-storeyed building, Taehyung. No fucking room to make it a living space."

"I-I see."

Just as Taehyung had managed to tuck the bags into one corner to avoid anyone from tripping on them, he realized something.

"Dahla..."

Dahla was missing.

"Dahla?" Yoongi asked, questioning every bit of the male's behavior.

"Dahla's not here. She's missing."

"And who might that be, may I ask?"

"M-My Saxophone."

Taehyung was broken. He couldn't believe he'd forgotten Dahla. This entire day he'd been forgetting stuff. He forgot to take his meds, which Jungkook had stuffed into his mouth earlier on the ride back. And now he'd forgotten Dahla too?