☆four

Chapter four:
Hot Cocoa is Coffee
*:.. o ..:*

"Hey, are you alright?"

"NO!" The male screamed, taking another step back.

"Okay..." Jungkook said, his eyebrows creasing. "But no matter how you feel, you're not getting the key till you're done."

"I'm sorry." Taehyung said, after finally getting back to his senses. "I just remembered something unpleasant."

"Sure you did."

Feeling that he'd explained just about everything, Jungkook turned to leave.

"Ah. I'm Jungkook, by the way. If you didn't already catch that." The male muttered before going downstairs to see what Namjoon was up to.

Taehyung still stood there in the same place, unmoving. He had absolutely no idea what he was to do. If what Joon had said to him was true then he dreaded every single event that would take place from then on. Being brought into such a disconsolate state, the thought of him having just left his home and everything behind suddenly flooded into his mind.

The male was scared, in all honesty. Scared of what awaited him. Scared of having to live with such a crank. Scared of never being able to live freely because of the one thing that he once did.

At least he had Namjoon around him for the time being. Though the male would've never admitted it himself, he was forever thankful for whatever his friend had done for him. For every little sacrifice he'd made for him.

Brushing the depressing thoughts aside and hoping for good things in the future, the male headed downstairs as well.

"I'll be seeing you soon then." He heard his friend say upon making it halfway down. His paced walking immediately switching to full-on sprinting down the stairs.

"JOON!"

"Oh, Tae! I was just about to leave and-"

The male was interrupted with Taehyung's body crashing onto his own, pulling him into a bone-crushing hug. Taehyung himself was confused as to why he'd reacted like that so suddenly. It's just that the thought of not having a familiar face around in such a new place scared him.

"Joon... You were going to leave without a proper goodbye?" The male said, his voice cracking slightly.

"Uh... Tae I- I didn't think-" releasing a sigh to compose himself the male continued, "I'm sorry, Tae." He said, letting his hands brush the hair of the childlike male clinging onto him. "I should've realised that you'd need help getting used to this place. I was in a hurry to meet someone and I forgo- I'm sorry."

Finally releasing the other from the hug, Taehyung cracked a smile over to the male. "Thank you for helping me."

The older let out a soft chuckle, shoving his hands into his pocket. Looking down at the ground as he kicked a pebble, the male simply shrugged.

"Least I could do." He said with a smile. "Listen, I've got to go cause someone's waiting for me. But I promise to come around tomorrow to visit. I've already explained to Jungkook everything he needs to know. I've told him about your favourite foods, how to wash your comfy blankie. I bought a spot in his freezer to store Goldy's carcass. I even made him promise to protect you from donkeys incase they come close."