☆fourteen

Chapter fourteen:
Tears and Realisations
☆*:.。. o .。.:*☆

"Hey, Yoongi."

Taehyung froze. In that moment he wished that Yoongi had been there next to him to take the call instead.

"Not even a hey?" Came the voice from the other side, Taehyung's finger hovering above the end call button. "Anyway, Joon's asleep right now. We decided to take turns to drive so if you want to talk to him, you might want to call later."

"J-J-J-J-J-Jungkook."

Noooo. Taehyung should've just pressed the end call button but instead, his stupid ass had to give a response.

"Taehyung?"

"I-I... I hate you." He barely managed to say, mind drawing a blank.

"And I'm supposed to care because?"

"I hate you. I hate you I hate you."

Taehyung's mind right then was a complete mess; a swirling spiral of confusion. He continued repeating the only words his mind could process, eyes welling up and on the brink of letting tears fall.

"Hey, you okay?"

"I hate you. I hate you. I hate you."

"Listen, it's not funny anymore. What the fuck is going on?"

"I hate you. I hate you. I hate you."

As Taehyung mindlessly repeated those words in a monotonous voice, he felt someone place an hand over his. He immediately looked up to find Jimin sitting there, giving him the most reassuring smile he could've ever asked for. It was then that Taehyung broke. Streams of tears ran down his cheeks, the male begining to wail.

"Tae? Kim Taehyung... You good?" Jungkook asked, concern laced in the tone of his voice.

"J-Jungko- Hate you- die." He said in between sniffles, chest heaving.

"Listen. I can only say sorry if you tell me why you hate me."

"But I don't hate you." Taehyung said, starting to wail again.

"Um... Okay. Jus- Just tell me, okay? You talk, and I listen. Done."

Jimin caressed the male's hand, smile encouraging him to speak. Slowly calming down, the male began to speak.

"I-I'm sorry." He began, pausing a bit to keep himself from breaking down again. "I'm sorry for leaving the house that day. I'm sorry for going off on my own. I'm sorry for yelling at you. I'm sorry you have to continuously deal with my crap every second of every day. I'm sorry for being such a pain in the ass, for barging into your home and forcing you to live with me. I'm sorry." With that he broke down again, this time crying silent tears.

"Taehyung..." Jungkook said on the other end of the line, the softness with which he spoke sounding foreign to the older. "If we're apologizing then I guess I have quite a bunch to do so myself."

"I'm sorry for not warning you before leaving the house. I'm sorry I didn't give you the keys soon enough. I'm sorry for fucking cussing you off for your existence alone." Taehyung, though not physically present next to the younger, could hear the smile in his voice. The feeling of hearing one's expression rather than seeing it was one he had not often experienced. But that's what made it all the more special.