vingt-quatre

JOHNNY frowned as Mackenzie twirled on the ice excitedly, yet again.

He wasn't aware of how boring this would get, fast. Thankfully there weren't a lot of people that day, for the pair had skipped school on that chilly Tuesday.

"Babygirl, can we go, please?" Johnny complained, regretting asking her to go ice skating in the first place.

"But I'm not finished." Mackenzie says as she skated closer to the edge were Johnny was standing, "Are you just upset you can't skate, daddy?" She joked.

Johnny flinched, grabbing her wrist harshly, "You can't call me that in public, I told you that."

"I-I'm sorry." She whimpered, feeling an ache traveling throughout her lower stomach.

She had never felt anything of that nature, maybe the one time when Johnny and her were in the fort together before being interrupted by Lauren.

"Now, call me that out here again and see what happens..." His growled, his mouth was closer to her ear now, tugging the bud lightly with his teeth, "You won't like it."

Mackenzie nods slowly, Johnny letting go of her wrist, "I don't wanna skate anymore." Mackenzie pouts, moving from the edge to the exit and grabbing hers and Johnny's shoes.

She quickly unties the laces on the skates, Johnny cursing to himself as he follows her, "You okay?"

Mackenzie nods, "I'm okay, just not feeling it anymore."

"I hope that wasn't my doing." Johnny implies, sitting next to her to remove his skates, "No, I'm just hungry." Mackenzie says.

"Don't lie to me, babygirl." Johnny demands, "I'll find out, you know..."

Mackenzie hums, holding her hand out for Johnny to grab as they both stand.

"HEY!" They hear a voice from behind them and they both turn around, it's the ops! 😔

"Shouldn't you both be in school?"

Mackenzie begins to stutter, face dropping in horror before going to tell the truth, until Johnny grips onto her waist.

"No, sir, we're off for winter break already." He lies smoothly, tucking his fingers into Mackenzie's waistband to stop her from fidgeting.

"On the first week of December? I don't think so..." He taunts, moving closer to them.

Johnny chuckles, "On the contrary, we go to a charter school, so we get out at different times then the students in the school system does."

"What school would that be?" He asks.

"The Academy."

"Academy...? Never heard of that."

"Well, sir, you should just leave us be now." Johnny removes his hand from Mackenzie's waistband, turning himself and her around.

"Have a great day!" Mackenzie yells back, waving at the officer as they go off to find some food to eat.

$

i want a mf sandwich from Safeway SO BAD.
is that too much to ask?!