trente-neuf

JOHNNY rolled on the balls of his feet excitedly, waiting for Mackenzie to open the door-he drove past her house to make sure her mom wasn't home, and when he saw her room light on, he jumped out of his car.

Mackenzie opened the door, her cheeks and eyes red. She had been crying, but Johnny hadn't noticed.

"Mackenzie, hi!" He squeezed her, his lips quickly finding hers and placing his hands on her face.

She shoved him off of her, bringing her hands up to her lips to wipe them off.

Johnny's eyebrows furrowed, "What's wrong?"

Mackenzie scoffed at him, "You're what's wrong, Johnny."

"What do you mean? Are you kidding?!"

"No, I'm not." She grumbled, looking to the side.

"You've been crying..."

"Yeah, and it's you're fault."

"My fault? What the hell did I do?"

"Ashton told me th-"

"Ashton told you? You believe what that piece of shit says?!"

"It makes sense, Johnny... why would you even be with someone like me?"

Johnny moved in to place his hands on her face, again, cradling her cheeks, "Because you're perfect, an-and I love you."

Mackenzie gasped, removing his hands from her face, "You don't love me if you're with other girls!"

"With who, Mackenzie? You're the only person I want..." Johnny attempted to grab on her waist and pull her closer.

"Sophia Rose! That's who. Ashton told me all about your fling-while we were together, Johnny!" She yells, tears beginning to slowly spill from her eyes.

"We weren't exactly... together-"

"So that's your sorry excuse, that we weren't together? You love me, but you can't even apologize to me? Obviously, I'm hurting and you can't even say sorry!"

"But I am! I really am, but I couldn't just tell you-"

"Because then you wouldn't get me in bed..."

"No, that's not true, Mackenzie. I was avoiding this, I didn't want to hurt you."

"Well, you still found a way to, so..."

Mackenzie was no longer sad, only anger coursing through her, "Whatever we had is over, Johnny." She tries to close the door but Johnny quickly moves his foot in place.

"Mackenzie, no, please no. I need you, I actually need you."

She pushes him from the door, harshly, "Go to Sophia, asshole."

$