two

october 2016 — acacia

the next few days before i left to go to texas consisted of a lot of time spent skyping john or streaming with him.

as it seems, it almost sounds like the trip was the driving point for us to get closer, but it really wasn't. besides smitty, john was my best friend as well as cameron and i really don't know what i'd do without them.

it's now tuesday in the middle of the night and i leave for texas tomorrow evening. i still haven't even started packing, and i'm really kicking myself for it at this point. 3 in the morning and i'm finally starting.

i grabbed my phone from my bed and opened my texts with john.

you up?
yea, why?

i opened skype on his name and clicked video call and propped my phone on my desk.

"hey?" he asked, concerned.

"it's 3am and i've finally decided to start packing. i've fucked myself."

"shit, acacia," john laughed. "you're gonna be flying in here on two hours of sleep and five redbulls, i'm calling it now."

"i'm glad that you've taken note of the fact that i'd rather drink redbull over coffee despite the fact that i despise both."

"i pay more attention than you think, bitch." he replied in a sassy tone.

i sat down at the foot of my bed and hit a long vape.

"fuck," i sighed, almost choking on the vapor.

"since when did you vape?" john asked.

"i've been vaping for forever. i just vape no nicotine because as much as i want to die, i'm not trying to ruin my lungs that fast."

"hey!"

"what? let me talk about death!"

john rolled his eyes and i laughed before looking down at the mess i had on my bed.

i was never one to travel with half my goddamn house everywhere i went, but for some reason, this week in texas was beginning to feel like it'd be ages and i was tempted to pack everything but my kitchen.

"i need a drink." i said under my breath.

"i think not!" i heard from my phone, and i turned around to flip off the camera.

it was beginning to be later and later into the night and i still only had about half of my packing accounted for. sleep was the only thing on my mind at this point in time, but i'll be damned if i go to bed not having more accomplished.

eighteen hours until i leave, and there is not enough time between now and then to get all the shit done that i need to.

———

it would be a gross understatement if i said i wasn't unbelievably stressed to be heading to the airport right now. not thinking at all of the undying fear i have of flying, nothing went right today, and that has put me off on such a bad note.

running on four hours of sleep, two bottles of mountain dew, and copious amounts of stress and anxiety aren't pulling for me like they should be. not to mention the fact that i was late out of my apartment; how the fuck i managed this is beyond my means of answering.

from the hell with not being able to find my passport as i somehow misplaced it at the last second, to completely forgetting to leave care instructions for my friend to look after zena, i really thought i'd end up missing this flight.

after getting my suitcase and bag from the uber, i went barreling into the airport to fly my ass through customs and security to hopefully make it on time to my terminal.