three

acacia

when john finally made it to the airport, it felt like a weight was lifted off of my shoulders that i didn't even know was there.

all the stress, chaos, and issues on the day melted away and it felt like i was really cool, calm, and collected for the first time in about 48 hours.

have you ever had a horrible day and you meet up with that one friend or one group of friends later in that day and everything feels better? that's kind of how this was for me. it was almost like rejuvenation being able to see john's dumbass in person and not just over a skype call.

we were now sat in the uber on the way to his apartment and i finally calmed my nerves from the day's events. john kept leaning over to show me memes, and i'd laugh a little but try not to be too loud as to not distract the driver.

it wasn't a long drive back, but it felt like ages just for the sole fact that i had already been traveling all day. usually i'm in love with traveling and have no issue with it, but today just wasn't it.

when we made it to his apartment, he helped me with my bags and led me inside. it wasn't too posh or anything, but it was nice. i felt it was a good fit for him.

i laid my bag down and threw myself face down on his couch. i heard john laugh from behind me and then sit down by my feet.

"that bad?" he asked.

"that bad. was late out of my house because i misplaced my passport, forgot to leave instructions for my friend, anxiety fucked my ass in, and then the hot guy i sat next to didn't help either. i'm telling you if i was at home and not here, i'd probably be toking even though i haven't smoked weed in forever."

john rolled his eyes, "and you didn't get a picture of this guy that you could've joined the mile high club with?"

"absolutely fucking not! just take my word, very attractive."

i rolled over on the couch so i was face up and able to look at him.

he didn't look near as tired as normal, in fact he looks very well rested. doesn't seem to look like he's stressed too much.

i wish i could relate.

"fuck, i forgot my vape is in my suitcase."

i threw myself off the couch and scrambled to dig through my stuff and find it. taking a long hit, i breathed in and set the device down.

i laid back on the couch, putting my head on john's lap. he played with my hair and my mouth curved into a small smile.

"i need to redye my hair so bad." i said to break the silence.

"you should bleach mine while you're here. these roots are atrocious."

"i should've brought my dye, we could have a hair fixing party." i laughed.

as much as i felt tempted to run to the nearest sally's and get a thing of arctic fox, i didn't wanna worry about taking it back home and it possibly busting in my suitcase. plus, i have like three bottles of my current dye at home and i'm not saying this shit is cheap either.

"i'll buy you a bottle of dye if you want? i have bleach here if you need to use some." john suggested.

"no, no, it's okay. i can bleach your hair and i'll skype you when i dye my hair or something."

pulling out my phone and opening snapchat, i took a video of john running his fingers through my hair, and then flipped it so it would show his face. he flipped off the camera and i laughed before posting the video to my story.

"are you hungry? i don't have much food in here right now but we can go get dinner from whatever is still open and then we can stop somewhere and pick up shit."

"i'm not like- starving, but food would be nice. it's 10:30, what the hell is open?"

"uh, taco bell, denny's, probably some other places that have relatively late hours."

"oh shit i'm always down for some taco bell."

i got up from the couch and put my shoes back on. john grabbed a jacket and called an uber while i went to the bathroom.

the taco bell wasn't too far away and we decided to just go in and eat before the actual dining area closed. there was a walmart in the general area of the taco bell so after we finished eating, we walked back to go pick up some food and drinks.

"okay so like.. what do you actually eat? you're so fucking finicky." he complained.

"well, princess, i'm not that picky. just don't buy shit that seems scary. it's not that much of a task."

john let out a dramatic sigh and i punched his shoulder while grabbing a bag of chips and six pack of gatorade.

after much arguing, we finally decided on a decent amount of food, called another uber, and paid so we could go back to the apartment.

once we made it back, i showered and realized how tired i actually was. it was only 12:30am, which is 1:30am back in montreal, but i'm usually never this tired this early. traveling really takes it out of you.

"you can go to sleep, you know. i won't be offended. you're here for another six full days and i don't want you exhausted the entire time."

"how wimpy is it for me to fall asleep this early though, john? you'll never let me live it down." i laughed.

"true, but! i want to take you out tomorrow and i don't want you to fall asleep on me."

"are you implying.. a date?"

"you bitch, you get what i'm saying."

"hey, asshole!"

john flipped me off and i flipped him off back before plugging my phone into my charger and laying down in his bed.

i did really feel bad for falling asleep early on him, but i could only assume he'd also try to call it an early night for the sake of us actually spending time together and not sleeping on each other for the next week.

———