thirteen

may 2013 — acacia (tw, domestic abuse a bit. also disclaimer if you haven't seen previous comments, tyler is not wildcat)

"tyler, knock it the fuck off." i hissed as he slammed his fist down on my table.

"you won't fucking listen to me, and if being aggressive is the only way you'll listen, then fine."

i'm at the point in this relationship where i'm completely sick of being around tyler. he's not the person he used to be, he's not the person i fell in love with.

"i'm listening to you. i'm listening to every lie coming out of your mouth." i said, bored.

another day, another time of tyler accusing me of cheating on him. he's quite the aggressive one when he's arguing with me, slamming his fist on shit, raising his voice, you name it.

"don't you think that's bold of you to say? you're the one cheating on me and have the nerve to lie through your teeth like the heartless bitch you are."

i laughed dryly, "i still can't believe you'd think i'm cheating on you. don't you think i'd leave by now if i had someone else in mind? you know, get away from your absolutely ridiculous outbursts like this?"

tyler didn't seem to like that one, inching closer to me i could almost feel his hot breath on my face. i looked up at him, asserting eye contact to show him i wasn't scared of his words. he placed a hand roughly beside my head against the wall behind us.

"you don't respond to my calls, you don't respond to my texts, you're never at home, so obviously you're out with some guy that's not me." he argued.

"this is fucking rich, tyler, honestly. i wish i had it in me to have as creative an imagination as you do."

he backed away from where i was and walked towards the table he once slammed his hand on, grabbing my phone.

"unlock it. if you have nothing to hide, unlock your phone and let me see your texts." tyler demanded.

"no, you fucking psychopath. i'm not hiding shit from you, but you have no reason to go through my texts."

tyler raised an eyebrow at me before throwing my phone into the wall.

"what the fuck, tyler! are you fucking insane?" i screamed.

"now who are you gonna call to bitch and complain to, since, you know, that is what you do best?"

i turned to walk into my bedroom, but before i could even get a few paces away tyler had a tight hold on my wrist. sure, he's gotten verbally abusive with me, but he's never laid a hand on me.

"don't walk away from me when i'm talking to you."

"get your hands the fuck off of me." i snarled.

this only caused him to tighten his grip and pull me into him closer. his hand quickly connecting with my face, hard. i did the only thing i could think of to do, take the elbow on my free arm and ram it into his collarbones. enough to disorient him so i could make a break to my room and message smitty.

he cried out in pain and fell to the ground, releasing my wrist. i took this as my time to sprint to my room, slamming the door behind me and shoving my shoe rack and book case in front of the door.

i quickly shook my mouse to wake up my computer and pulled up twitter. i found smitty's name in my dms and clicked on it and typed as fast as i could "please come get me tyler is getting abusive. im jumping out my window and running north please please come fast." i barely hit send before i was grabbing the emergency bag i'd had packed since our first fight and removing the screen to my window.

running north as fast as i possibly could, i barely looked behind me to see if tyler had taken the hint that i'd made a break for it. smitty only lives about five minutes away driving so provided he was active and saw my message as i sent it, i'd be on my way quickly. and lucky for the both of us, tyler has absolutely no idea where smitty lives and has no way to know where i am since he shattered my phone.

that's a big thing though. my phone being fucking shattered. if smitty is panicking, he has no way to know if i'm okay because i'm not responding to his messages. for all he knows, tyler could've caught wind quickly and has me and could kill me.

no sooner did i slow down my running, smitty pulled up beside me and unlocked his car long enough for me to jump in. i could tell he had been white knuckling the wheel and shaking, obviously concerned about my own wellbeing.

"what the fuck did that psycho do to you?" he asked quickly, putting the car into drive and speeding off back to his house.

"shattered my phone, hit me, left these bruises on my wrist, almost broke through my table, probably broke down my bedroom door, and is also probably looking for me now."

"you need to call the police, acacia. take my phone. you're not going back there until he's in custody and then you're getting your shit and you can stay with me as long as you need to."

"i didn't know he could get physically violent. i feel so fucking stupid."

"this isn't your fault. you've done nothing wrong, he's just fucked in the head." smitty said placing his hand over mine.

on the way back to his house, i couldn't help but think that maybe i deserved this. sure tyler and i have had our fair share of fights, and i never thought they were my fault, but he was really good at making me believe they were. he's degraded me and made me feel unloved for as long as i could remember. i don't know why i didn't take that as a sign to get out earlier.

you could've prevented this, acacia. this is your fault for letting things go on so long. and for that, you deserve this.